millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Marvel Movies & TV General Discussion

Is reason #1 “She’s going to be out of work soon” ?

Based on what I have been hearing about the show, it might be reasons 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 and 10 as well.

The last episode of The Gifted was very well executed. Intense, but also thoughtful.

Yeah, it is a little clunky here and there but, overall, well executed. Some of the styling is a struggle, Thunderbird, for instance, looks like one of the villain of the week’s henchman in the A-Team, but all in all it’s stepping past that - Vampire Bill and Fred are definitely the glue holding the drama together, and both are brilliant. Good casting for Andy Strucker as he looks like Moyer. Incidently, Lauren Strucker looks like a younger version of a girl I’m dating.

Well that was cringy… =/

Oh btw, has anyone ever read anything about why Balder was never included in the Thor movies? I kind of remembered just now… it’s weird, since he’s one of the most famous asgardians outside of Thor…

Rob Liefeld seems to have seen Thor 3.

THOR:RAGNAROK is the greatest celebration of the Jack Kirby aesthetic I’ve ever witnessed. I was stunned and in awe of the Kirby-armored guards that were posted all over the red carpet at the premiere. The entire film is a wonderful celebration of the beauty and spectacle of Jack Kirby’s art come to brilliant life. Kirby, as the architect of the entire Marvel Universe, has never been celebrated on this level before. HELA alone is the most fantastic representation of Kirby’s one of a kind costume design and the film portrays her beautifully! I’m so thrilled for all of us who grew up worshiping at his artistic altar and for all the new fans that will be exposed to his unique and wonderful designs for this first time through this film. Bravo @taikawaititi for pushing this vision through, I couldn’t stop smiling and I know Jack was beaming up in the glorious Valhalla he calls home!

The premiere was last night and he was posting pictures on Instagram.

“Well, all I’ll say is the films we are working on now – which take us through to the Avengers Untitled in May of 19 – that’s really all we are focusing on,” says Feige. “And we are focusing on bringing, by that point, an unprecedented, 22-movie, continuous shared fictional narrative to a conclusion in a satisfying way.”

Feige continues, “And where we go beyond that? Of course we will go places beyond that. And, of course, we have ideas of where we go beyond that. But, really, it is all good stories. And as the series finale of Star Trek: The Next Generation said, ‘All good things must come to an end.’ And part of what makes them special, there is a finite quality to the best of fictional stories through history. And we wanted to do that at the end of our first three phases and 22 movies. How we start anew and wherever we go beyond that is a story for another time. This is really about 10 years on, bringing something to a head in a satisfying and unexpected way.”

My inner nine-year-old just teared up a little bit. I never expected to see these characters in movies when I was little. The future has interesting bright spots.

I wonder if Feige is ready to move on. And if Disney see the merchandise well drying up now they’ve sold every child on the planet a Captain America figure.

The kid immediately blurts out Nightcrawler.
Niiiiice.

There are always new children Jim.

Somebody needs to explain this to the comics guys.

“Legion is set in the 70s, isn’t it?”

Is it? :confused: