millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Marvel Movies & TV General Discussion

Been there, done that back in the 90s:

Not sure that it quite works with the trailer, but it’s a great song and I can see why they thought it fit the show. It’s about a war veteran left physically changed by the war, but the lines make a lot of sense as applied to Frank if you read it as psychological damage:

"Now that the war is through with me
I’m waking up, I cannot see
That there’s not much left of me
Nothing is real but pain now

[…]

Darkness
Imprisoning me
All that I see
Absolute horror
I cannot live
I cannot die
Trapped in myself
Body my holding cell"

I like what it says about their approach to the Punisher.

I like the trailer well enough, but it doesn’t say a lot about the show yet. We will see.

I didn’t realize it was Metallica until Ronnie’s comment. I’m not a heavy metal guy at all, although I have heard “One” before because my high school girlfriend put it on a mix for me.

The instrumental’s cool and as you say the lyrics are very relevant to Frank, but I can’t stand the vocals.

The song is based on a book/film called Johnny Got His Gun where a soldier comes back from WWI trapped in his body unable to see, hear or feel and only wanting to die. The video even shows clips from the film. I think they were trying to equate Frank’s mental anguish with that.

That cast’s too good for a Venom movie.

Figure she’ll be his ex-wife yeah?

Wasn’t there a love interest or female lead in Lethal Protector?

Have there been any positive reviews for this show?

If you can find one, it’ll be the first I’ve seen.

Funny how every review seems to say it has all of Iron Fist’s exact same flaws, but exaggerated.

Under normal circumstances, simply blaming the showrunner would seem, as an explanation, a little reductionist to me. Under normal circumstances.

I hear DC are pretty happy with it.

Okay, they got he look of the kids right, I think. First impression of the show from these stills is very good. Hope it holds true.

I watched the premiere of Inhumans.

That was a dumpster full of soiled diapers that had been set on fire and extinguished with urine from someone who ate asparagus.

They took everything that was interesting about the Inhumans and sucked the life out of them. I didn’t care about any of the characters. It’s bad when the villain was the most levelheaded and sympathetic character of them all. The FX were terrible. The costumes were bland.

I think this is Marvel’s biggest misfire to date.

I won’t be watching any more episodes.

Haven’t watched it yet. Set the DVR to tape it.

But did you watch it in IMAX?

So… better than expected then.

I’m so glad I didn’t spend my money to do that.