millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Marvel Movies & TV General Discussion

Well, whatever, he’s been in a ton of TV stuff since Lost and a fair amount of movies… I guess his biggest movie was the Last Samurai. In the Wolverine, I think he was the son of the old dude. Edit: His character is Shingen Yashida, Lord Shingen, who’s apparently Mariko’s father in the comicbooks… don’t remember if that was the same thing in the movies.

I know Randall Park from a lot of Adult Swim stuff, such as this:

I imagine that if marvel has any concern about the whiteness of MCU so far and is trying to bring in some non-stereotypical minority characters in to play, and they’ve decided to go with an Asian character, that choosing the star of the first successful American tv show to center around an Asian family wouldn’t be a bad choice (as long as he fits the role, and I think he does), but what do I know?

Hiroyuki is great, but I imagine they’d want an American actor for the role, which is why I only listed Americans of East Asian descent

Oh wait, I never said he wouldn’t do fine, or that it’d be better to have Hiroyuku (he’s a tad too old for the role), I was just replying to your assertion Park is in the top 3 most famous asian actors… I think we already metnioned plenty more viable candidates than Park…

Other than that, sure, as I said, it could work… Chris Partt was relatively unkown as well. And fat :smile:

Also, unfortunately, I don’t think they’re planning on an Agents of ATLAS movie anyways.

To be clear, I was talking about American actors of East Asian descent who are currently active in Hollywood, and IMO john cho doesn’t make the cut, as he rose to fame quite a long time ago but never made it very far. That guys ship has probably sailed. For what it’s worth, I think BD Wong is fated to play supporting characters with an off kilter presence

You know what? it doesn’t mean that much to me, so I’m gonna agree and let it go =P

I’m sure he’s an okay guy and actor anyways, I don’t have a problem with him.

Very generous of you to let go of the possibility that there might be a guy with some decent buzz that you’re not familiar with :wink:

Aside from all that, with so much good quality tv these days in particular, it’s harder than ever for tv actors to be the classic idea of a household name. I’m sure there are a lot of popular actors out there I’m not aware of simply because it’s too hard to consume all of this entertainment these days!

Yep. At this point, we’re talking about a minor role in an Ant-Man movie. I do hope it develops into something more, but chances are slim.

I do think an Agents of ATLAS movie would be a great move for Marvel - beyond the classic superhero action movie, they’ve covered space and heist movies (with Ant-Man), but not much else. ATLAS would allow them to move into Mission Impossible territory, broadening their appeal. But it’s unlikely they’d go for that property anytime soon.

Still, Jimmy Woo! Pretty cool!

Wow man, you’re making it very hard for me to stay away :smile:

There’s a HUGE difference between:

abd this:

Decent buzz? Sure, why not, I never said anything against that notion… Top three? Hell no. Heck, I hadn’t even heard about Fresh off the boat until today :smile:

When I say “famous” I mean people who you recognise from famous shows… that’s pretty logical no? So yeah, Steven Yeun from TDW, or BD Wong from Mr Robot & Gotham, or someone from Game of Thrones, or hell even West World, you know, any of the very famous series.

aaaanyways… yeah now I’m done… stop it!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

Following an extensive casting search This Is Us’ Milana Vayntrub has landed the breakout role of Squirrel Girl inNew Warriors. Baby Daddy grad Derek Theler will stay in business with Freeform after landing the male lead of Mister Immortal in Marvel’s first live-action scripted comedy.

The duo lead the ensemble cast in the 10-episode series about six young people learning to cope with their abilities in a world where bad guys can be as terrifying as bad dates. Joining Vayntrub (This Is Us) are Jeremy Tardy as Night Thrasher; Calum Worthy as Speedball; Matthew Moy as Microbe and Kate Comer as Debrii.

Vayntrub was great on Other Space, a show nobody watched.

Oh.

My.

What the fuck.

This was announced months ago.

I didn’t know.

Vayntrub is probably more well known for her AT&T commercials:

Looking at the cast, it appears to be quite solid. This might actually be good.

This guy wants to play Gambit, Channing Tatum or not:

In the box office thread;