millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Marvel Movies & TV General Discussion

It’s not a concern. It’s another media run to remind people that this movie is coming soon. Just in case for a single day we might not get a reminder from Disney.

Waititi has expressed disinterest? What’s his position?

You know what? I hope they’ll hire new people in charge of costumes for movies post-phase 3… I’m getting super bored with all the samey costumes… =/

I think the costume looks amazing. The design is great - I can see it translating into streetwear. It looks alien, current and futuristic at the same time, and it’s a great realization of the character.

It’s weird that this is only out in March, it seems we had so many trailers and tv spots now it should be in the theater already.

Hopefully, when X-Men rolls, we’ll get some hot takes on the classic costumes.

I think this was quoted in this thread? Or maybe it bled into some other one…

For me, those are James (Gunn)’s films. Going into something like that with his stamp all over his films, would be like going into someone’s house and saying ‘Hey, I’m your new dad, and this is how we make peanut butter sandwiches now. It feels kind of awkward.

Air guitar! Wayne’s World! Wayne’s World!

To me it looks like a mashup of every other Avenger’s costume… you got some BW, some Cap, some Thor, some IM (the helmet mostly), even some GotG stuff… doesn’t look alien as much as that “MCU-military” sort of look they use.

But as I said, most costumes have been looking very samey, with some notable exceptions, of course.

Bryan Hitch’s design sensibilities cast a long shadow. I think a lost of the MCU costumes owe quite a debt to his work in Ultimates.

Which is a good thing.

Her suit looks like a motorcycle outfit, very practical. The closest superhero movie costume (that springs to mind) is the first X-Men movie.

I think that goes without saying. :slight_smile:

Despite the leather look, the Captain Marvel design doesn’t remind me of X-Men so much as the other MCU costumes, like Jon says - particularly the more military-oriented side.

Those panelling and piping details and the muted colours are all things that remind me of Hitch and Ultimates.

This kind of thing:

It totally needed to be said.

Fair enough if you think so. As someone who loves Hitch’s Ultimates art enough to own pages of it, I’m probably a bit biased. :slight_smile:

There are dissenting opinions;

Ahh that costume… one of the shittiest SH costumes ever… :smile:

What I’m saying is that it’s about time to start doing the spandex look, even if not using spandex per se. Say what you will but what they did with Batman’s suit in BvS is basically the closest we’ve got to an actual comicbook look, without it being necessarily spandex:

I want more of this sort of thing, and less uniform-like costumes. I’ll be very disappointed if they go back to something like this:

Why Captain America is in gimp suit?

Anyway, off - current topic. I have to express my delight over upcoming Captain Marvel film. Despite I had no desire to see it (I simply am no fan of the character, in the vast sea of superheroes), in meantime I changed my mind. The movie would perfectly illustrate how difficult is for girls to succeed in the world of men. And especially I plan to see it, just because of these weird people in the edges of the internet, I gotta say, of all races and both gender (yes) I noticed, these ages out who complain how Brie Larson is wooden actres; how she doesn’t smile; how she spreads toxic hate toward men because she is feminist douche; how she ain’t sexy at all, ridiculing her “flat” backside… We live in democratic society, where no one forces you to see the film and they can thank that being an asshole isn’t criminal act.