millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Marvel Movies & TV General Discussion

It’s one of the things that isn’t working as well in S2. In S1 he was an interesting character because you could understand his POV and actually think there was a conflicted good guy behind his actions. In S2 he’s totally off the rails with no redeeming or likeable qualities. He needs to meet a bad end, the sooner the better.

With Iron Man.

That looks great. Seems like it might not have the lag that season 1 did towards the middle.

Another “actor wants to work” story:

I actually think a few people who ‘wanted out’ may be regretting their decision. These films are now starting to play to a worldwide audience on a scale we haven’t seen before, they continue to grow in popularity outside the West where I think those actors maybe thought there was a finite cut off point for these movies. There is, but it looks like it could be a while before we see it and they will be even more popular before that happens.

I look at Chris Evans and wonder if he does leave, if he will regret it. His non-Marvel movies seem to have all landed with wet thuds.

These films also dominate the box office so much that little else can get through, and once you play one superhero it’s hard to jump to another. Best to ride the train as far as you can I think.

I look at Chris Evans and wonder if he does leave, if he will regret it. His non-Marvel movies seem to have all landed with wet thuds.

He hasn’t done much. He was in Gifted, which people liked, and the movie he directed, but that’s it since 2012 or so.

He has the new Rian Johnson movie coming up.

I’m not sure he even likes being an actor.

We don’t like him being an actor either!

Something changed for him I think. Early on he seemed to love his job and put himself into the role the right way, but more and more it looks like it’s a chore to him.

I guess being nominated every year for the Teen Choice Awards for, like, ten years will do that to a fella.

I saw him read Goodnight Goodnight, Construction Site on CBeebies. He has a fine career in children’s library events ahead of him.

The train one was rather well received, no? Don’t know if it made a lot of money, but I remember it having a good critical reception at least.