millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Marvel Movies & TV General Discussion

That’s a incredible career she’s got going on.

#7 would have been my choice.

Oh btw, when are we gonna start with our predictions/theories/wishlists for Endgame?

My prediction;

Michael Ironside as Uatu confirmed

I suspect the game may end.

67d9c132872f68dff2437b1a412fca88

They can’t do it for at least 2 years, so not something we’ll know for a while, even if they want to.

It was two years between seasons 2 and 3. The gag isn’t any kind of impediment.

That true (although Daredevil was in Defenders so there was still some form of Daredevil on Netflix each year), I’m just saying that it will be a while if they decide to continue. And without the actors under contract, scheduling could be an issue if they choose to continue but some of the cast have other gigs.

They fight, in a surprise twist Thanos wins and kills the remaining half of the universe. Endgame.

I think it was a polite answer and that Disney+ will do whatever Disney thinks is the best choice at the time.

Some of it will be down to whatever Netflix is doing by then?

Meet the Marvel Executive Who First Championed ‘Black Panther’

Nate Moore faced a dilemma in 2010 when advocating for the rule-breaking superhero film, but the Marvel Studios vp’s efforts resulted in a $1.3 billion-grossing Oscar contender: "If this didn’t work, it becomes a reason to not make films like this."

–SNIP–

"People go, ‘Well, what’s come before?’ " says Moore, the only black producer in Marvel’s film division. " ‘It’ll make roughly that, so we’ll invest in that.’ Because [tentpole movies with black casts] aren’t getting made, it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. ‘What are you modeling? You didn’t release anything in China. Who knows if China likes black people or not?’ "

When Black Panther went on to gross $1.3 billion at the global box office this year, more than $100 million of that from China, Moore and his colleagues disproved one of Hollywood’s most damaging, untested rules — that international audiences would spurn such an offering. The stakes were high, Moore recalls: “If this film does not work, it will become a reason to not make films like this. Because, man, if Marvel, which opens movies with a raccoon and a tree, can’t open Black Panther , hey, I guess these movies don’t travel.”

–SNIP–

Moore began by overseeing Marvel’s writers program, which matches characters from its comic books with screenwriters to develop potential projects. In 2010, he asked Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige about Black Panther . “Kevin actually was, even back then, very invested in doing something,” Moore says. “We just didn’t know what.” It wasn’t until working on 2014’s Captain America: The Winter Soldier with directors Anthony and Joe Russo that Moore saw an opportunity. "We needed a character who could stand toe-to-toe with Iron Man and Captain America, and … in a very short amount of screen time, [have] people go, ‘Let me pay attention to what this guy has to say.’ " Moore texted Feige his pitch to introduce Black Panther in the movie, and got an OK; the Russos signed off immediately.

–SNIP–

Moore went on to enlist Coogler to work with Cole on the Black Panther script. And the exec backed the director’s expansive vision for the fictional nation of Wakanda, even as the budget increased from $150 million to $200 million because of the ambitious Afro-futurist sets by Hannah Beachler and costumes by Ruth E. Carter.

By not relying only on filmmakers who have handled similarly big-budgeted projects before, and hiring directors with indie film résumés like Coogler, Taika Waititi for Thor: Ragnarok and Chloe Zhao for The Eternals , Moore and Marvel have opened up these movies to a wider pool that includes more filmmakers of color. “Finding filmmakers who can get great performances out of actors is the toughest thing; sometimes the actors are against a bluescreen in crazy costumes with dots on their face,” says Moore. "I can surround Ryan Coogler with a second unit director, VFX supervisor and DP, and I can give him the tools, but unless he knows how to execute the story and performance, we’re sunk."

Must have been tough pretending Blade didn’t exist thru all those meetings.

A retro commercial for the retro Venom action figure that comes with the Walmart Blu-Ray pack.
My god - this movie was intensely sold on its marketing. The team should get an award.

I’d love to see them bring Blade into the MCU but his last film was 14 years ago and it was not a hit. Just ask Ryan Reynolds?

It wouldn’t necessarily have been seen as a plus when launching ‘Black Panther’.

‘Blade’ is a really important film, I think it (along with X-Men) helped launch the idea of adapting comic books into something other than cheap B-movies, but he’s been left behind by all the developments since then.

If Marvel ever bring him back it will be interesting to see what they keep and what they change again? Incorporating vampires would be tricky for a scifi universe. Or maybe not? Maybe the audience would just go with it?