millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Marvel Movies & TV General Discussion

I wonder if they’ll use K’lrt… it’d be a nice way to tease the F4 now that they have the rights back. But I also really like K’lrt, so it’d be pretty neat…

There. Spoiler just in case. Skrulls can shape-shift to look like anybody. They’ve been fighting the Kree for a long time. Kree are warriors. Mar-Vell (Jude Law) is a good guy. They’re doing it different from the comics, but I do not think it is designed for a narrow audience.

I’d assume 99% of the audience will be unfamiliar with Captain Marvel and the Skrulls so they’ll introduce them in the movie for us all.

Marvel = goody
Skrulls = baddies
That’s all you really need.

I remember Whedon talking about how the ending to Age of Ultron was in flux until pretty late in the process, with different potential rosters of secondary Avengers to fill out the new team we see at the end of that movie (including Spidey and Captain Marvel).

So I’m not surprised that they’re leaving in some wiggle room to let them set up their next phase exactly how they want to.

Yeah, especially with GotG3 on the shelf. Apparently that was supposed to do a lot of setup for Phase Four.

Its not fun for those in the middle of it, but films often get reworked a lot in post, and big franchise films do have that extra pressure on them.

• True believers know David Banner was the man Jack Kirby’s character was sketching - Pedantic Parker

You can claim your no-prize for that.

That name change always befuddled my young brain.

I read somewhere that the producers apparently didn’t think Bruce was a manly enough name.

I mean, technically even the comics version’s first name isn’t Bruce Banner, it’s Robert (Bob) Bruce Banner.

Unfortunately that one was considered too manly a name.

Johnson changed the name of the Hulk’s comic book alter ego, Dr. Bruce Banner, to Dr. David Banner for the TV series. This change was made, according to Johnson, because he did not want the series to be perceived as a comic book series, so he wanted to change what he felt was a staple of comic books, and Stan Lee’s comics in particular, that major characters frequently had alliterative names.[9] According to both Stan Lee[8] and Lou Ferrigno, it was also changed because CBS thought the name Bruce sounded “too gay-ish”, a rationale that Ferrigno thought was “the most absurd, ridiculous thing [he had] ever heard”.[10] On the DVD commentary of the pilot, Johnson says that it was a way to honor his son David. “Bruce” ultimately became the TV Banner’s middle name, as it had been in the comics. It is visible on Banner’s tombstone at the end of the pilot movie,[8] and that footage is shown at the beginning of every episode of the series.

This is an interesting bit:

In an interview with Kenneth Johnson on the Season 2 DVD, he explains that he had also wanted the Hulk to be colored red rather than green. His reasons given for this were because red, not green, is perceived as the color of rage, and also because red is a “human color” whereas green is not. However, Stan Lee, an executive at Marvel Comics at the time, said that the Hulk’s color was not something that could be changed, because of its iconic image.[9]

Also this:

Joe Harnell, one of Kenneth Johnson’s favorite composers, composed the music for The Incredible Hulk . He was brought into the production due to his involvement with the series The Bionic Woman , which Johnson had also created and produced. Some of the series’ music was collected into an album titled The Incredible Hulk: Original Soundtrack Recording . The show’s main theme, “The Lonely Man”—a sad, solo piano tune—is always heard during the closing credits—which usually shows Banner hitch-hiking. The well-known melody can also be heard in the 2008 film The Incredible Hulk [17] and the 2017 film Thor: Ragnarok .

Is that right, Bob?