millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Marvel Movies & TV General Discussion

So no trailer then?..Because my internet is still unbroken.

Looks like they’re making a Green Lantern sequel after all.

The still is fine, but I need to see a trailer.

Hopefully soon.

Interesting that they’re skipping the origin, having her already in space with powers only to return to Earth to face the Skrull. Not what I would have expected. Especially if they want to explain why she hasn’t been around.

Costume looks good though. The trailer will be the real deciding factor though.

Are they? I’m not sure Rory. I think its set in the 90s for the first half or whatever.

Edit: I’m assuming some sort of cryogenic sleep.

I assume she spends a lot of time in space.

But I don’t doubt they’ll have figured something out and that it’ll make enough sense.

It says in the article that they are:

Directed by Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck, Captain Marvel sidesteps the traditional origin-story template, and when it begins, Carol already has her powers. She’s left her earthly life behind to join an elite Kree military team called Starforce, led by Jude Law’s enigmatic commander.

But before long, Carol finds herself back on Earth with new questions about her past. And she’s got a formidable enemy in the form of the Skrulls — the notorious Marvel baddies made all the more dangerous by their shape-shifting abilities. Ben Mendelsohn plays their leader Talos, who spearheads a Skrull invasion of Earth.

Hmmm, that made me think more about the template as in origin story, not necessarily showing the origin itself. Like Homecoming only if it had flashbacks.

That is pretty cool, but the internet is still working. :joy:

Deep cut

Too bad we only get the back of Jude Laws in that last image.

Are we lay bets on whether or not we’ll see Fury lose his eye in this film? I’m guessing we will.

Maria Rambeau? Well this is just shit

there are pictures of Jude law’s front on the site. there are 10 pics in total.

Cue Life of Brian clip.

Is Jude Law meant to be a thinly veiled Mar-Vell? Is that Ronan standing with him in one of the images above?

Boden and Ryan Fleck describe Starforce as the SEAL Team Six of space.) Its members include Carol, Korath (Djimon Hounsou, returning from Guardians of the Galaxy ), and Minn-Erva ( Crazy Rich Asians’ Gemma Chan).

MCU fans have met the Kree race before in Guardians of the Galaxy, and two familiar faces — Hounsou’s Korath and Lee Pace’s Ronan the Accuser (pictured here) — will appear in Captain Marvel. In Guardians, Ronan is an outcast with extremist views, but here, he’s still a high-ranking member of Kree society.

The second quote answers one question. Not sure what the first one is meant to answer. :wink:

When Law as cast they said he’d be playing Mar-vell.