millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Marvel Movies & TV General Discussion

…have you seen the Star Wars threads around here?

The geek-self-analysis ship sailed around these here parts long ago, my friend.

Speaking of. The Hulk in that pic looks kind of calm and rational, rather than his usual bestial, raging self. Smart Hulk?

The only point of having that Hulk conflict in IW was to introduce Smart Hulk - both of them agreeing to merge in order to stop Thanos (as they couldn’t do it individually).

Joining Moore are Hailee Steinfeld, Mahershala Ali, Jake Johnson, Liev Schreiber, Brian Tyree Henry, Luna Lauren Velez and Lily Tomlin.

Johnson will voice Miles’ reluctant mentor, Peter Parker, while Schreiber playing the larger-than-life crime lord Kingpin. Hailee Steinfeld will play spunky, free-spirited Spider-Gwen. Moonlight Oscar winner Ali will provide the voice for Miles’ uncle Aaron while Atlanta star Henry will voice Miles’ father Jefferson. Rounding out the cast is Velez as Miles’ mother Rio, and the legendary Tomlin as Aunt May.

That looks incredible.

EDIT: How long until the alt-right pulls a Last Jedi on this?

It doesn’t grab me (the story or the animation style) but it looks like it might be fun for younger viewers.

I do miss the days before everything was seen through this kind of lens.

Those were the days. On the upside, this movie will probably make a bajillion dollars, Miles Morales will get massive exposure, we’re gonna see a ton of young girls deciding to dress up as Spider-Gwen for Halloween, etc. I figure it’ll be a net positive. The neck beard types weren’t able to dent Black Panther, I doubt they’ll be able to dent this.

The animation looks almost great, it seems a little jerky in places?

But that might be the Youtube video I suppose.

Apart from that I think it looks like a fun movie.

At least Bendis isn’t writing Miles this time.
He might actually be a real character now.

He was a fake character when Bendis wrote/invented him?

He more or less didn’t have one.

Miles was completely fictional when Bendis created him, believe it or not. :wink:

I think that’s just the style. I’ve seen similar techniques before.

Superhero movie of the year, right there!
Or at least I’m hoping for a close fight between this and Incredibles 2.

There’s a lot going on with that animation style, but I like it. Script and voice acting looks good too.

Jake Johnson is inspired casting.

This movie is going to make bank.

I hope it’s not another Lego Batman in terms of box office.
But yeah, that animation style is so refreshing. Sony Animation are hardly ever anything to write home about in terms of their actual animation. Although I’m open to you all reminding me of anything that I could have forgotten.

What do you mean by this? I didn’t follow much news over Last Jedi other than folks here weren’t too enamored with it.