millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Marvel Movies & TV General Discussion

par for the course?

If you were interested in decades old comics by Jim Starlin you would already know how it ends.

Pfft, as if.

[quote=“Tom_Punk, post:5107, topic:10028”]
Oof, that bad?
[/quote]D

My bandwidth will only stretch so far dude.
(Okay technically I’m south of Scotland but they don’t know that)

Addendum:
I finally got indefinite leave to remain which means I can stay here

Ragnarok was only barely better than the other two Thors, let’s all just admit it. :wink:

There’s a lot of celebrating in New Zealand, I take it?

It was much more entertaining as a comedy, though. The story was a mess, but we didn’t have the added weight of everyone taking it so damn seriously.

It’s not Shakespeare even if Kenneth Brannagh directs it.

That’s why I said it was better, even if barely.

All three try to have a huge amount of jokes - but in Ragnarok the jokes land a whole lot more.
The story being a mess is what brings it way down for me. The first act is nonsense and the Sakarr stuff just seems like a waste of time to just have Hulk in the plot. Gets worse when you realize that everything basically took place in one day - making Hela’s stuff have no real stakes outside of the faceless body count.

So I finally watched Black Panther… hum… it was okay I guess… about on par with the rest of the MCU movies. It shares some of the strenghts of the better ones (interesting setting, nice visual style, better villain) but it also shares the weaknesses of some of the worst ones (truncated pace, shady FX, weak 3rd act, mirror-villain, etc…).

I liked what they did with Wakanda, it really felt realistic enough and fantastic enough, like something that truly felt “african” even for someone like me with limited experience, but I wish they had shown more of it instead of going all those other places… plus even when they were IN Wakanda, it feels like half the time they were in a fuckin cave which looked too much like a set. They didn’t show a lot of it, mostly just FX shots from the skylines and a couple of streets here and there, but it didn’t feel “lived-in” I guess.

Costumes were fantastic (although I didn’t like either of the 2 new panther suits, the CW is honestly much better). Acting was good. Music was good… except the credits song, that was by far the shittiest one yet… just some random generic pop song… lame :smile:

So yeah, it was nice… but it’s not this awesome thing everyone made it out to be. I’m not sure I’d even put it in my top 5 MCU movies, tbh.

Also, I was a bit disappointed by Killmonger… again, the hype was real… I was expecting something a lot better, but it wasn’t… I mean the character was okay and the actig fine, but it was still a bit too rushed and I dunno, I expected more “finesse” from the character but he kind of acted like the stereotypical american thug, so eh… But yeah, compared to most, one of the better villains and definetly in the top 5, no questions.

Edit: Oh also, and I don’t mean to be an ass here, but… that King T’chaka actor’s face… u_u
Each time he was on screen I was extremely distracted by whatever condition he’s got… looked like half of his face was melting off, it really took me out of the movie every damned time… =/

Edit2: Ahh… another little nitpick that INFURIATED the shit out of me… one of the very last scenes, they’re in a wakandan street, sor of like a market, and they show you a wall behind the characters with motherfuckin’ tags sprayed on it… that seriously drove me mad… why tags??? that’s such a western bullshit thing to do.

“I feel like the character, in order for him to function properly within his own universe, you need to take everything away from him. I don’t think that you can keep doing that. I do see him as being a part of X-Force, obviously.”

“I would love to see him in a team-up sort of thing, like a mano a mano or a great female character from the X-Men universe. I just think if you’re going to do another Deadpool solo film, you’ve got to really, like, get that budget down to nothing and just swing for the fences, and break all kinds of weird barriers, and do stuff that no one else can do,” he said.

I haven’t seen it yet, either - but from the description it sounds like Bell’s palsy - a neurological condition where one side of the face droops. It can be permanent or easily treated. (My friend Carrey has had it happen to her three-four different episodes. Her neurologist says it’s like having an occasional seizure. All I know is the blasted electrics in the brain are a bit messed up.)

I’m honestly impressed sometimes at how easily a one-sentence off-the-cuff response to a question gets turned into an article. :rofl:

The dancer from the Deadpool/Celine Dion video is Yanis Marshall, who was on Britan’s Got Talent, and has a huge slew of videos on Youtube. I thought I recognized that movement.