millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Marvel Movies & TV General Discussion

Early concept art for Captain Marvel:

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/N5ERy5

It is questionable. Alan Horn looks like a hypocrite, but, at the same time, it doesn’t seem like Disney ever actually “officially” fired Gunn. He was “reinstated” rather than “rehired,” I believe, as the firing may have been something the media assumed rather than anything Marvel actually did. Actually, was Gunn ever an “employee” of Marvel of Disney in any case? He was probably just under contract, and unless they actually canceled the contract, Disney can pretty much say whatever they want, and then just back out of it with pretty much no consequences.

It is possible that they never intended anything differently and just needed to do it during sensitive negotiations over the Fox acquisition. Meanwhile, they have another Marvel guy in the DC camp.

2 Likes

ehh he made out like a bandit anyways… he had time to do Bright, he’ll have time to do SQ, and then he’ll be able to fall back on GotG3… that’s like a pretty sweet 5 years or so high paid job plan…

2 Likes

Yeah, if this whole mess means we get Gunn’s Suicide Squad movie plus his Guardians 3 anyway then it is an overall positive despite all of the silliness.

3 Likes

If I remember the wording of the press release correctly Disney ‘severed all business ties’ with Gunn.

1 Like

If you introduce a Gunn at the start of a story it has to come back for the third act…

12 Likes

Don’t blame Gunn for Bright - that was David Ayers (who also did SQ 1).

3 Likes

I wonder if Gunn’s return to Guardians of the Galaxy comes down to Captain Marvel’s success despite the efforts of the “alt-right” to boycott and sabotage it. With Captain Marvel effortlessly cruising to a billion dollars at the box office, they realized the alt-right is completely toothless and can’t sabotage them, so they’re telling Cernovich to go eat a dick.

5 Likes

This would have been planned and agreed well before the announcement, but I’m positive Marvel and Disney are fully aware of how to market for controversy, so the timing of the announcement is 100% there to continue to fan the flames

5 Likes

Probably not. They brought him back 2 months ago. They’re just announcing it now.

1 Like

I think @Jacowboy means this movie

2 Likes

Gunn isn’t directing Brightburn, and didn’t write the script. He’s just producing it.

1 Like

Yeah I meant brightburn… anyways, point is he had time to produce it.

Pugh is fantastic. My only problem with her playing a villain (aside from Marvel villains often being a disappointment) is that it means she won’t be a superhero.

3 Likes

6 Likes

That failed in that with Loki so maybe there’s hope.

If she’s Yelena Belova — or some other younger product of the Red Room— sent to eliminate the defector, it’s not hard to imagine her turning by the end (particularly if SJ is nearing the end of her contract).

2 Likes

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: Marvel Movies & TV 2.0

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 10000 replies.