millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Marvel Movies & TV 2019

I’m really not. I’m talking about saturation, brand awareness and profit.

Here it is very simply.

I own The IP.

I release content based on that IP for profit.

The IP creates a fanbase.

The fanbase use my IP as fans like to, let’s say in fan fiction and fan art.

This creates awareness and saturation of the brand of my IP, therefore creating new fans and new streams of revenue.

No one else can gain that revenue, only me. If someone writes a really shit fan fic it really doesn’t matter as they aren’t selling it - It cannot hurt my IP’s brand. Instead it enhances it by creating a level of interest and need in the IP as a product, therefore creating interest in the IP with other, new consumers.

Of these new consumers, some will join the fanbase and perpetuate the cycle.

Fans are basically enhanced word of mouth, they put the brand of your IP in places you may not be able to reach with promotion and advertising and also lend credibility to the IP and the brand of that IP.

The more of a recognized name something becomes, the larger the market it serves, the higher the profit gained by any product you sell connected to that IP.

That’s the mechanics of growing an intellectual property to get higher revenue for longer amounts of time.

I think we’ve moved on from the original subject quite a bit here. What you’re discussing is fan-fiction and fan-art, which happens already and I don’t think is very controversial. It’s rare for IP holders to take action over that stuff (even in some circumstances when art is being sold for a profit, like artist commissions).

The original story was about officially licensed material and what the IP holder would and wouldn’t allow in terms of the contexts their characters appear in, which is obviously within their purview.

2 Likes

There goes the perfect Kitty Pride then.

6 Likes

We don’t need a video for that. We barely need a headline.

7 Likes

Hope everyone managed to get to the cinema today to see that Inhumans movie…

14 Likes

12th of July and Inhumans. A classic pairing.

5 Likes

My next door neighbours’ party is alternating between happy hardcore and the sash as we speak.

5 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes
3 Likes

Which is why they’re doing it.

5 Likes

9 Likes
12 Likes

etetet

11 Likes

If this is filming soon enough that he had to leave Akira, I guess that means it’ll be out before GotG Vol. 3? So we probably won’t see much of the payoff to that Thor and the Guardians setup?

2 Likes

More like casting concerns.

1 Like