millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Marvel Movies & Television - News, Reviews, and Talk

We’re heading into a new television season and the upcoming launch of Netflix’ Jessica Jones, so here’s a new thread to talk about everything Marvel film. Here’s what’s out there!

Ant-Man - Movie

Scott Lang is a thief who’ll get the chance a redemption when Hank Pym requires he services. Directed by Peyton Reed, and starring Paul Rudd, Evangeline Lilly, Corey Stoll, Bobby Cannavale, Michael Peña, Tip “T.I.” Harris, Anthony Mackie, Wood Harris, Judy Greer, David Dastmalchian, and Michael Douglas.

Jessica Jones - TV, Netflix

Working as a private investigator in Hell’s Kitchen, a former superhero see her past come back to haunt her. Starring Krysten Ritter, David Tennant, Rachael Taylor, Carrie-Anne Moss, Eka Darville, Erin Moriarty, and Mike Colter.

http://i.annihil.us/u/prod/marvel/i/mg/6/d0/558d8ac6386a2.jpg
Agents of SHIELD: Season 3 - TV, ABC

Following the event at the end of last season, the world has changed once again, as people being to spontaneously gain powers. Coulson and Sky will assemble a team of new Inhumans to deal with threats the Avengers are too busy to deal with. Starring Ming-Na Wen, Brett Dalton, Chloe Bennet, Iain De Caestecker, Elizabeth Henstridge, Nick Blood, Adrianne Palicki, Luke Mitchell and Henry Simmons.

Daredevil: Season 2 - TV, Netflix

Coming some time in 2016, the newly-minted Daredevil seeks to protect Hell’s Kitchen. Of course, how is Daredevil going to deal with another more violent vigilante looking to clean up the city? Starring Charlie Cox, Deborah Ann Woll, Elden Henson, Rosario Dawson, and Jon Bernthal as the Punisher.

Captain America: Civil War - Movie, May 6, 2016

Roughly adapting the Chief’s big Marvel crossover, Captain America and Iron Man will have it out on the big screen. This is an Avengers film in all but name and it’ll show if the Russo Brothers are ready to direct Avengers: Infinity War. Starring everyone: Chris Evans, Robert Downey Jr., Scarlett Johansson, Sebastian Stan, Anthony Mackie, Emily VanCamp, Don Cheadle, Jeremy Renner, Chadwick Boseman, Paul Bettany, Elizabeth Olsen, Paul Rudd, Frank Grillo, Tom Holland, William Hurt, and Daniel Brühl.

Marvel movies & TV - The thread!!

The Agents of SHIELD spin-off starring Mockingbird and Hunter is back on… at least for a pilot. Variety reports that ABC has picked up the pilot for Marvel’s Most Wanted, which would follow the pair.

“SHIELD” producers Jeffrey Bell and Paul Zbyszewski co-created the project for Marvel and ABC Studios, co-writing the pilot. They will serve as showrunners and exec producers together with Marvel’s head of television Jeph Loeb also exec producing.

Insiders say the series is not a spinoff, per se, but rather an entirely new project solely focused on the two characters to continue their story. Though plot details are scarce at this point, “Marvel’s Most Wanted” will follow the pair and their adventures together.

At this time, ABC has not made any decisions regarding premiere date or a path of introduction, such as introducing the new show as a planted episode during “SHIELD.”

This isn’t counting the other Marvel show ABC is planning, which is under development by American Crime creator John Ridley. People are guessing it’s either Cloak & Dagger or Ms. Marvel.

… So it’s exactly a spin-off?

Hopefully the new Secret Warrior characters will be able to fill the hole left if Mockingbird and Hunter leave.

I hadn’t heard there’s a third ABC Marvel show in development. Hopefully the learned from Shields mistakes.

He’s said it’s not whatever’s been rumoured: http://www.avclub.com/article/john-ridleys-abc-marvel-show-almost-certainly-isnt-223382?utm_medium=RSS&utm_campaign=feeds

“My only connection to social media is my lovely wife, who is dialed in, and I can tell you that 99.99999 percent of everything that was put on social media was so phenomenally off-the-mark,” Ridley said. “Not to be arcane, but the rumors are truly off-the-mark. But it’s in a fun way. I’m just glad to be part of the conversation.”

I wonder if it could be Thunderbolts

• seems like it would work with Ridley’s style, and you could throw in Kyle MacLachlan as a lead.and you could tie it to Daniel Bruhl’s character.

Just as long as it’s not a wasted opportunity for people like Drea de Mateo.Might even be a good place for Graviton to show up.

I assume MacLachlan will be busy with Twin Peaks for the foreseeable future.

I did consider that. But it’s filming now and this new series is in early pre-production - with Ridley still working on American Crime etc.

I’d imagine this would go to pilot sometime next year with full episodes filming late 2016 which gives MacLachlan plenty of time.

“Black Panther” Makes His Debut In “Captain America: Civil War” Movie Trailer

Lea Seydoux Gets ‘Gambit’ Lead Offer, Opposite Channing Tatum

Lea Seydoux has the offer to star alongside Channing Tatum in Fox’s Rupert Wyatt-directed X-Men spinoff Gambit.

This was a hotly contested job for the role of Belladonna Boudreaux aka Bella. As Deadline was first to reveal, the studio had a shortlist with Seydoux, Mad Max: Fury Road‘s Abbey Lee and Rebecca Ferguson of Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation. They were set to test, and then Ferguson dropped out to take one of the leads in DreamWorks’ adaptation of The Girl On The Train.

Now, the role in Gambit will go to Seydoux, who moved from the racy Cannes sensation Blue Is The Warmest Color to the 007 film Spectre. In X-Men lore, Bella was Gambit’s love since childhood, but eventually she gained powers of her own and became head of the Assassins Guild. Gambit, aka Remy LeBeau, was head of the Thieves Guild.

Ha, I didn’t notice Cap’s shoulder at first.

Who is that below Hawkeye?

Emily Van Camp’s character.

Interesting that they’re going to introduce Black Panther on what will essentially be considered the bad guys’ side.

The blonde flowing hair made me think it was a poorly rendered Thor. :grimacing:

That confuses me since all accounts I’ve read state that T’Challa would be neutral in the movie.

‘Doctor Strange’ Eyes ‘Hannibal’ Star Mads Mikkelsen to Play Villain

“Hannibal” star Mads Mikkelsen is in early talks to play one of the villains in Marvel’s “Doctor Strange” opposite Benedict Cumberbatch, Variety has learned exclusively. While sources say no offer has been delivered, one is expected shortly. Marvel had no comment on Mikkelsen’s involvement.

–SNIP–

Mikkelsen’s exact role remains under wraps, but sources say he will be another antagonist to Cumberbatch’s titular sorcerer.

Nightmare, perhaps?