millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Marvel Movie & TV Thread - Cage, SHIELD, and Strange

Wait, they’ve already wrapped this?! Bloody hell!

Well, I hope the very short development time doesn’t mean they’ve iron-fisted this.

I still think a Punisher series could be gold if they follow the Ennis stories.

The showrunner worked a lot on Hannibal, so there’s hope.

Even though I enjoyed Iron Fist, I love that this is becoming a thing.

Yeah, I thought that while typing it out, too :slight_smile:

There are so many great stories from Ennis’ run on Punisher MAX. (The Slavers is a personal favorite.) I’m not sure any could be stretched out to 13 episodes though.

They don’t really need to though. Daredevil season 2 was really two or three stories combined. I do agree Punisher isn’t necessarily a great leading character, like the Hulk to some extent, but we are looking at one season and around 13 hours and not a ten year run.

It can easily be done but the same problem persists with these shows that they are slow and ponderous.

I can just imagine Netflix Danny Rand telling people “I’m going out Iron Fisting” and completely not getting why people give him funny looks about it.

Kirby artwork in the new Thor film:

Which is worse: I’m going out ‘Iron Fisting’ or I’m going out ‘Power Manning’?

Yes

That is pretty cool.

It definitely feels like it’s aiming to be the ‘rock’ to GotG’s ‘pop’.

Thor should never be anything less than heavy metal.

Well, his hammer is, anyway. :slight_smile:

But I think you have to save heavy metal for Deathlok.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61k1-8aNa1L.jpg

Deathlok (a real one) would be an amazing film/Netflix show.

Like a reality TV show where you win… or die.

I thought they had kinda done Deathlok on Agents of SHIELD which is why I put the qualifier.

It’s one of those properties that has a cool hook but is still unestablished enough to have some leeway in interpretation kinda like Blade.

A friend mentioned this and had me howling, so I want to share.

RE: Hela being played by Cate Blanchet:

“Looks like Galadriel took the One Ring after all.”

Josh Brolin to Play Cable in ‘Deadpool 2’

Josh Brolin has nabbed the hotly contested role of Cable opposite Ryan Reynolds in Deadpool 2, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

The production has been on the warpath to find the right actor for the role for months, with Michael Shannon almost nabbing the role and Stranger Things star David Harbour on the shortlist. (There were even rumors of conversations with Russell Crowe and Brad Pitt.)

In the end, Brolin emerged as a surprise contender, notching his second Marvel Comics character in the process; the actor plays the villain Thanos in the Marvel Studios movies. Sources say Brolin’s deal is for four movies.

–SNIP–
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/deadpool-2-josh-brolin-play-cable-993232

Can he play Thanos AND Cable?

Interesting. I wonder how happy Marvel Studios will be about it. :slight_smile: