millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Marvel Movie & TV Thread - Cage, SHIELD, and Strange

Casting is not a problem for the show, they’ve done very well there.

Based on the others, I’m assuming it’s going to be a good show, a bit slow in places but well worth my time.

I did, and that’s where my feelings originated.

Ah, got you.

It will be interesting to see if they push things a little further in that direction in his own series.

After Daredevil and Jessica Jones I’m pretty sure we can write the reviews already. :slight_smile:

I’m willing to give it a shot - I initially disliked JJ and DD based on aesthetic choices, but quickly got involved in the plots and forgot about all that other stuff.

I guess it might be worth Luke Cage having a dedicated thread of its own as the series hits Netflix on Friday, so I’ve started one here:

Looking good. Some of the effects stuff looks a bit more distinctive than we’ve seen before too.

‘Black Panther’ Finds Another Villain: Winston Duke To Play M’Baku/Man-Ape

Killmonger, Klaw, Man-Ape – all they need now is Venomm for the grand slam!!

Iron Fist will be on Netflix March 17th:

That’s St. Patrick’s Day, so day off over here.

Hugh Jackman Offers ‘Wolverine 3’ Update: It’s “Very Different in Tone”

It’s only six months away, but the third Wolverine film is in many ways still a mystery — with no trailer, poster or even a proper title yet revealed.

But star Hugh Jackman promises there will be some news dropping within the next week or so about what’s being billed as his final appearance as the mutant hero.

“We’ve finished shooting. I just saw [director] Jim Mangold today. He’s editing away and finishing that,” Jackman told ET Online. “There’s going to be some stuff coming out in the next week or so. That’s all I’ll say. I’m not good. I’m the kind of person who tells everybody everything. Basically it’s going to be different. Very different in tone and hopefully to anything we’ve done.”

Speculation has swirled that “Old Man Logan,” the 2008-09 Mark Millar storyline telling the tale of an aged Wolverine, would be inspiration for the film, which also stars Patrick Stewart as Prof. X. When ET offered that this time Wolverine “is older,” Jackman responded with a smile, “which is a good thing. Easy for me to play.”

Jackman’s first solo adventure, 2009’s X-Men Origins: Wolverine, was a miss with fans, but 2013’s The Wolverine was much better received. With Jackman referring to a different tone, its violence and language is said to be enough to get the film an R-rating, with producer Simon Kinberg confirming it takes place in the future and has a western feel.

–SNIP–
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/wolverine-3-hugh-jackman-offers-935009

The movie is called “Logan.” http://www.empireonline.com/movies/wolverine/wolverine-solo-movie-logan/

“Now might be a good time to talk about the ‘fights’ described in the next 100 or so pages. Basically, if you’re on the make for a hyper choreographed, gravity defying, city-block destroying CG fuckathon, this ain’t your movie.

In this flick, people will get hurt or killed when shit falls on them. They will get just as hurt or killed when shit falls on them. They will get just as hurt or just as killed if they get hit with something big and heavy like, say, a car. Should anyone in our story have the misfortune to fall off a roof or out a window, they won’t bounce. They will die.

As for our hero, well, he’s older now and it’s clear his abilities aren’t what they once were. He’s fading on the inside and his diminished healing factor keeps him in a constant state of chronic pain – hence booze as a painkiller.”

X-23, I guess?

I hope.

That screenplay page is great.

Well, at least they’re not completely ripping off Mark this time. Steve, maybe a bit more.

Ryan Reynolds ‏@VancityReynolds Oct 5
That’s my hand holding Logan’s in the new poster. #tender