millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Marvel Movie Thread

As more Marvel TV is coming splitting these off to match the DC setup.

Next up is Captain America: Civil War:

Brie Larson as possible Captain Marvel?
Movie news and trailers
Movie news and trailers

Big question: Will they be civil when they war?

Smart money is…

NO!

Well it is a bit hard to war when you’re being civil.

Here’s why it’s always sensible to treat rumour-mongers with a pinch of salt.

August 2014: http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/08/18/report-doctor-strange-movie-not-an-origin-story

September 2015: http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/09/30/doctor-strange-kevin-feige-discusses-rachel-mcadams-female-ancient-one

:slight_smile:

Is that video showing the teaser, then the teaser, then the teaser, then the teaser again?

Huh… that’s not the best news I’ve read about Doc Strange… Hopefully they’ll at least get creative with the origin…

I liked the GotG way of doing movies… they only barely touch on Quill’s “origin” and largely ignore everyone else’s, yet the movie works perfectly well without them.

That because the film was the origin story of the team, not its individual members. Honestly, GotG’s arc is pretty identical to the origins arc of nearly every other marvel character. Only Ant-man and Captain America have deviated significantly from the egotistical jerk learns to be less of a jerk while becoming a hero arc.

Sure, but we cared about the characters, not the “team entity”. Point is people fell in love with Groot, Rocket, even Drax, as individuals, without needing an origin story (beyond paying lip-service to their origins in a couple of lines).

Plus, I wouldn’t call it the “origin of the team” but their first adventure together… =P

You might not but you’d be wrong. The film is all about how and why they became the Guardians of the Galaxy, it is the very definition of an origin story.

Taika Waititi (What We Do in the Shadows) is in talks for Thor:Ragnarok: http://www.slashfilm.com/thor-ragnarok-director-taika-waititi/

I loved WWDitS, but it’s hard to see how that would carry over to the MCU.

I’ve enjoyed all his films so that sounds great but definitely an odd choice. WWDINTS showed he can do mundane fantasy very well which would work well for an Earth based story but I would assume Ragnarok would be largely in Asgard? I’m sure he has the chops to pull it off though.

He also has the entire MCU monvie-making machinery to support him, so he’ll do fine… Haven’t seen any of his movies though.

Gainesville Filmmaker Honored for Black Panther Film

Ant-Man and Wasp movie!!

[quote]Now that Phase 2 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe has officially reached
its conclusion with the release of Marvel’s “Ant-Man,” we have new
details on what to expect in Phase 3!

Following our hero’s debut adventure in this summer’s “Ant-Man,” Scott Lang will return alongside Hope Van Dyne on July 6, 2018 with Marvel’s “Ant-Man and the Wasp.” The sequel will mark the first Marvel Studios film named after its heroine.

Additionally, Ant-Man’s second adventure will lead to a couple of other films
shifting their dates, with Marvel’s “Black Panther” moving up
to February 16, 2018 and Marvel’s “Captain Marvel” landing on March 8,

Finally, three untitled Marvel Studios films will premiere on May 1, 2020, July 10, 2020, and November 6, 2020.

The announcement of “Ant-Man and the Wasp” follows the success of
“Ant-Man,” which has earned $178.5M domestically and $231.3M
internationally for a global total of $409.8M. It’s the #9 film of the
year domestically, and opens in its final international market, China,
on October 16.

[/quote]

Well, Ant-man has a sequel and Marvel calls it a success. Does this officially end the debate on whether or not it was a success?

http://www.gifwave.com/media/9143_sunglasses-whatever-paul-rudd-wet-hot-american-summer-frustrated.gif

Aside from anything to do with debates on this board; giving Wasp billing in the title is a good move. Hope was a really good character and Wasp should kick ass.

I wonder if Reed will return as director?

Fantastic news. Ant-Man and The Wasp is exactly what I (and a lot of others) were hoping for.

In other Marvel movie news, rumours are doing the rounds today that the combined budget of the two Infinity War movies is going to approach US$1 billion.

Which seems ludicrous to me. Maybe if they’re counting marketing costs too, but not just on production.