millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Marvel Comics: The CB Cebulski Generation Is Upon Us!

As long as his book is truly the flagship book like when Morrison or Whedon were on X-Men, I’ll be OK. If you have to pick up everything to understand anything, I’ll probably pass.

5 Likes

He specifically says that he’s involved in choosing the ancillary books and the talent behind them.

2 Likes

Extra books with Marvel is now a given, but so long as Uncanny is great, that’s all I’ll care about.

1 Like

I’m more excited for Dragon Man than the rest of kids.

Also which Youndu? the wise archer version or the modern space pirate version?

2 Likes

The Future Foundation is back! Marvel Comics today announced that the children who learn from and travel with the Fantastic Four will be getting their own series, with Jeremy Whitley writing and art by Will Robson.

This time, the Future Foundation’s mission is more personal. The Molecule Man used his power to help save the multiverse during the Secret Wars. Then he was killed during the Richards’ family’s journey’s rebuilding it. Now, the Future Foundation – under the leadership of Alex and Julie Power, and with a little help from Guardian of the Galaxy Yondu Udonta – are searching the multiverse for his remains so that they can piece him back together.

Here’s the for the new series synopsis: "When the Richards family is called back to Earth to be the Fantastic Four again, they left behind the Future Foundation—a think tank of the most brilliant young minds in the universe—with one mission: find the pieces of and rebuild their friend Molecule Man. But that’s proved harder than imagined as this crew of young geniuses, Atlanteans, Mutants, Moloids, and androids have run into every problem in the Multiverse.

1 Like

Writer Louise Simonson and artist June Brigman will reunite for a new Power Pack story set in the team’s classic continuity with August 28’s Power Pack: Grow Up #1 .

Simonson and Brigman co-created Power Pack in 1984, focusing on a family of children who gain super powers from a mysterious alien source. The new one-shot, Grow Up , flashes back to the classic Power Pack era pitting the team against the Brood alongside members of the X-Men.

Artist Gurihiru will draw a back-up story, also written by Simonson. Gurihiru previously illustrated a Power Pack limited series several years ago.

“I remember the joy I felt reading Power Pack #1 when it was first published, and the sadness of hitting the last page of the final issue of their original run, so it’s a thrill to be able to reunite Louise and June to tell untold tales with Alex, Julie Jack and Katie from that time period,” said Marvel Comics Editor-in-Chief C.B. Cebulski in a statement. “And to also have Gurihiru contributing a story bridges these two acclaimed generations of Power family fun, making this a perfect project to commemorate Marvel’s 80th Anniversary!”

POWER PACK: GROW UP! #1
Written by LOUISE SIMONSON
Art and Cover by JUNE BRIGMAN & GURIHIRU
Cover by JUNE BRIGMAN
On Sale 8/28/19

Similar to the X-Statix one-shot coming up.

2 Likes

Amazon is already trying to sell me a trade of Power of X.

3 Likes

That I will neither read nor care about. Like you said, if it’s a Morrison or a Whedon moment, then we’re all good here.

Ha! Just wait. Marvel will work five separate art teams to the bone to pump this sucker out weekly, and you won’t be able to curse Cebulski’s name before the first event tie-in starts.

4 Likes

I think it will be a pretty clear range of books

1 lead book probably bi weekly

A New mutants/Gen X book
A X-Force style book
A Villian book.
A Classic team book

Basically stripping it down to versions
X-Men
X-Force
Excalibur
Gen -X
X-Factor (remember posing as villains/ govt lackys originally)

My dream situation would be to still have a Cable solo series (not kid Cable) and possibly a rotating series focusing on an individual character for an arc but has an overall storyline that holds a continued plot

This is all shaping up very nicely IMHO

Structure.
I crave it.

1 Like

That sent coffee through my nose.

2 Likes

That’s bummer, i was hoping the good old ever-lovin’ blue-eyed thing gets his solo again. Nonetheless, i’ve plan to pick this because me love some Ben and the dynamic family.

Gerry Duggan and Greg Smallwood are excellent pick.

1 Like

He fell to earth?

3 Likes

I LOOOOVE this sort of stuff.
But I will wait for a hardcover collected trade version of it.

1 Like

Oct / Nov this year.

2 Likes

The same thing that happens to all of Marvel’s teen heroes.

2 Likes

Love your work Ben

1 Like

The production value on this video actually isn’t too bad.

2 Likes

Rest peacefully, Justin. You’re one of the legends now.

5 Likes