millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Marvel Comics: The CB Cebulski Generation Is Upon Us!

The 45 year old me says that sounds terrible.

The 16 year old me says that sounds awesome.

8 Likes

It seems a bit like The Expendables. There was a time that it would have been one of the biggest books on the stands. Now it just seems a little desperate.

4 Likes

No, Amazon are supposedly still working on a Conan show.

What does 30 1/2 year old you say?

(Yes, I did the math)

1 Like

It reminds me of this:

4 Likes

Not this?

2 Likes

It was more an issue for IDW than Marvel, but when they initially reprinted the original Transformers comics, they had to leave out any issue containing characters owned by Marvel, which included the recurring antagonist Circuit Breaker (Marvel cameoed her in Secret Wars II before she debuted in The Transformers so they could claim her as an original character), but amusingly the third issue of the comic featured cameos from Nick Fury, Dum-Dum Duggan and US One, and had a lengthy guest spot for Spider-Man, so it was replaced in the Trade with a 2-page synposis that used creative descriptors to get around using Spidey’s name.

3 Likes

I actually loved that book and still have a copy in my collection.

Gotta have the full cover image too.

5 Likes

It was a fun book. I enjoyed it as well.

I think I’ll be getting Savage Avengers - Duggan and Deodato are a great creative team, and that’s a crazy bunch of characters. I doubt it’s got legs, but for a short term thing it sounds fun.

3 Likes

Savage Avengers… That’s just sad.

1 Like

They could have at least called it Savengers.

6 Likes

It would be even more fun if it had swears .
Hehhehe

“Huh, being 30 isn’t as bad as I thought it would be. God, 45, that will be old!”

3 Likes

Marvel is relaunching Agents of Atlas as part of the upcoming War of the Realms event, featuring new characters straight from various Marvel games, according to a Marvel.com announcement. Writer Greg Pak and artist Gang-Hyuk Lim are bringing together a new team under an old name as Asia is threatened by Sindr, Immortal Queen of Muspelheim and her legion of Fire Demons.

Leading this new team is the Champions’ Brawn- a.k.a. Amadeus Cho, whom Pak created years ago. He will be joined by Shang-Chi, Silk, and Jimmy Cho, along with the game-imports Wave, Luna Snow, Aero, Sword Master, Crescent, and Io.

I’m guessing someone vetoed the name “Asian Avengers.”

4 Likes

Look at those china numbers for venom
No brainer

2 Likes

Am I the only one thinking Agents of Atlas will be one of the new teams in the next phase of the MCU?

3 Likes

I hope it’s not, but mostly as I don’t think it’s a very good name and makes even less sense than Avengers.

3 Likes

It should be… but the OG team.

2 Likes

Maybe it translates well?