millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Marvel Comics: The CB Cebulski Generation Is Upon Us!

Hot claws sounds like a really weird euphemism.

5 Likes

@Jim likes it when Will “hot claws” him.

1 Like

Yeah, personally, I’ve been a fan of Captain Marvel comics from back when Starlin was writing and Broderick was one of my favorite artists. I think the original Mar Vell work with Lee and Colan are some of the best comics from that time. It’s essentially THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL meets SUPERMAN.

I didn’t really get into the Carol Danvers character until the great X-men Annual that introduced Rogue when she stole her powers (with great art from Michael Golden) and then later when she became Binary (I wonder if that will figure into the movie somehow?). So, again, we have Claremont to thank for making the character as interesting as she was in the 80’s when separated from the Captain Marvel or Ms Marvel moniker.

Her appearance in ALIAS was what reignited my interest in the character, but once she left the Ms Marvel persona and put back on the uniform and rank of Captain, I haven’t really felt any interest. She seems more blandly super heroic than a living character with a vast history of bad decisions behind her.

2 Likes

Yeah it lwas. I can’t remember if the reception was good or bad because I don’t think anyone much was reading at that point.

All-New Ultimates

Following the conclusion of the miniseries Cataclysm and under the Ultimate Marvel NOW! banner, coinciding with the Marvel Universe All-New Marvel NOW! launch, writer Michel Fiffe and artist Amilcar Pinna brought together a new team including Spider-Man II, the new Black Widow (Jessica Drew) (and former Spider-Woman), Kitty Pryde, Bombshell and Cloak and Dagger.[9] The book ran for 12 issues.

Millarworld - Solicitations for April 2019

1 Like

Logan’s claws here. How the hell are those supposed to retract into his forearm?

8 Likes

Telescopic claws.

Where’s my no-prize?

8 Likes

The heat melts them down until they’re short enough.

5 Likes

Jet fuel can’t melt adamantium claws!

8 Likes

It can when multiplied by the sudden impact of them retracting into his forearms. It’s physics 101.

3 Likes

That’s exactly what they want you to “think”

4 Likes

Maybe he just gets into some cold water beforehand.

3 Likes

That’s just one of the MANY questions I have about this image.

2 Likes

Some of the best Leifeld art I’ve seen in years, the more I see and read about this the more I’m intrigued to pick it up.

5 Likes

I’m super pumped for this series. Just wish Liefeld was doing every issue or they were at least bringing an all Image/Extreme crew.

2 Likes
1 Like

Oh, no, an Avenger will die?!

For how many months?

5 Likes

I think we need to measure this in pages. Like when Jean Grey died in Uncanny X-Men 281 and was back alive within 20 pages.

7 Likes

You realize that Major X will turn out to be Shatterstar in disguise and at the end of the miniseries he will fall into the blades of a helicopter and die a gruesome death.

2 Likes