millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Marvel Comics: The CB Cebulski Generation Begins!

It’s where they finally admit that Kirby and Ditko wrote all the dialogue.

Are you certain you know what a “tribute” is?

So it’s just a continuation of the Domino series.

Looks like it’s Cosmic Ghost Rider changing the Marvel timeline.

I imagine those changes will definitely stick.

“We have a new kinda popular character. What should we do?”

“How about we overexpose him and make everyone sick of him?”

“Excellent idea! Here’s a raise!”

Seems like it’s not a crossover series or anything. Just one of those out of continuity limited series like Deadpool or Punisher Kill The Marvel Universe.

The follow up to this will be “Wolverine: The Cosmic Ghost Rider.”

Join acclaimed writer Chip Zdarsky ( Peter Parker Spectacular Spider-Man, Marvel 2-In-One ) and superstar Spider-Man artist Mark Bagley ( Amazing Spider-Man, Ultimate Spider-Man ) for SPIDER-MAN: LIFE STORY – a tale encompassing the entire history of Spider-Man from beginning to end, set against the key events of each decade! As the series kicks off in March, the year is 1966, and Peter Parker must determine where his power and responsibility truly lies as the nation becomes embroiled in the Vietnam War.

“I guess I’m just not done with Spidey! This is an idea I’ve had since I first started working for Marvel, something that explores the characters and the Marvel universe on a deeper level, where time changes both the characters and the world,” said series writer Chip Zdarsky. “Being able to span decades with one of the most iconic Spider-Man artists ever, Mark Bagley, is surreal. He’s creating fresh takes on classic characters and moments in really dynamic ways.”

This does sound pretty interesting

It does, but Bagley feels like an odd choice for it.

Yeah, I would agree with that, as much as I respect the work he has done in the past, his art doesn’t feel like a good fit for the tone I’m expecting

I think if they made a bold move with the colouristband gave it a watercolour scratchy feel like the promo art it could work quite well

G. Willow Wilson is leaving Ms. Marvel:

Kamala was created by writer G. Willow Wilson, artist Adrian Alphona, and editors Stephen Wacker and Sana Amanat. Since her debut, the monthly Ms. Marvel comic has been written by Wilson, who along with a talented team of artistic collaborators has crafted it into one of the most consistently enjoyable and thought-provoking superhero comics on stands. But all good things must come to an end. EW can exclusively reveal that next year the current Ms. Marvel series will end, and Wilson will end her writing tenure on the character. A new comic, The Magnificent Ms. Marvel , will begin in 2019, to be written by Saladin Ahmed and illustrated by Minkyu Jung.

“I started having this conversation with Sana about the possibility of bringing someone else on about a year ago,” Wilson tells EW. “We had planned up through the end of this year, which would take me to five years on the book. This was coming out of a project we originally anticipated would only have about 10 issues, and I will leave having written 60. It just seems so incredible that this character, who was just going to be a fun project for both of us loosely influenced by Sana’s own experiences growing up, had become a cultural phenomenon that was going to outlive us both. Given that was true, I really wanted to be cognizant of the fact that superheroes thrive with a multiplicity of voices telling their stories. I wanted to leave on a high note.”

Not surprising as she is now on Wonder Woman and easing her way to the A list.

Ahmed is a writer I liked a lot on his Black Bolt comic, it was one of the best of year despite me never giving a shit about Black Bolt before. I’ll keep reading to see how he does.

Fuuuuuuuuuucccccccck.

On the other hand, do keep reading good things about Ahmed but damn, talk about a hard act to follow.

Here here. Best super hero comic I read this year.