millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Marvel Comics: The CB Cebulski Generation Begins!

Yeah, I’d believe a Mark Waid. Somebody like that. A writer with a lot of editorial experience.

Pete Thomasi would maybe be a good shout.
He knows the value of a good story over a gimmick and has been around 20 years or so, starting out as editor before moving to write.

I’m not sure he’d be interested in going to Marvel though.

Why TF does Wolverine need to be cosmic?

I could see the lack of direct experience being a concern, but it could also be a way to get someone who isn’t as entrenched and might not try the same things. Someone liked Sana Amanat could be interesting, as well.

Cosmic Wolverine sounds super dumb. They should have just left him dead if this was their plan for him.

I think Sana Amanat will be the next EIC at Marvel. She has a pretty high profile at Marvel and was involved with giving them their last great new character, Ms. Marvel.

Does anyone think Brevoort is part of the problem? I couldn’t say but it seems like he’s been there an awful long time. While institutional knowledge isn’t nothing, I’m not sure a company like that should essentially have lifetime appointments.

I think less on the publishing side, and more on the fan side. He’s really not great at engaging with fandom or fan concerns, even aside from the CG trolls.

He sits right there in the heart of the company and has a long shadow, but I don’t think he has that much leadership sway. He struck me as a good trooper, there to follow direction and give advice but not ultimately managing the ship. He’s just not that kind of leader personality.

Honestly I think the best comics being made right now are Aftershock comics. Someone from there of Valiant needs to bring a whole new culture to Marvel.

Wow.
I’m only buying 2 Marvel books in February.
That’s a huge shift for me.
Looking at the overall line it certainly feels like somethings missing.
I understand Age of X is in play for the next 5 months but it still looks like there are gaps in the lineup.

Thoughts, comments?

OLD MAN QUILL #1 (of 12)
ETHAN SACKS (W) • ROBERT GILL (A)
Cover by JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER
Variant Cover by ANDREA SORRENTINO
Variant Cover by IBAN COELLO
Young Variant Cover by SKOTTIE YOUNG
HIDDEN GEM VARIANT COVER BY JIM STARLIN
VIRGIN HIDDEN GEM VARIANT COVER BY JIM STARLIN
THE FAR-FLUNG SAGA OF THE ONCE AND FUTURE STAR-LORD BEGINS!
Meet Peter Quill. He used to be Star-Lord – you know, the legendary outlaw – but it’s been quite some time since he’s gone by that name. Taking over for his father as the Emperor of Spartax, Quill put the life of spacefaring adventure behind him for one of leadership and responsibility. Quill grew up. But things didn’t go as planned. Decades have passed, and Peter is haunted by tragedy. Down and out, Quill’s existence means nothing…until the former GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY drag Peter out of his funk for one last mission! The heist of a lifetime – and Quill’s harrowing quest for redemption – begins here!
32 PGS./Parental Advisory …$3.99

OLD MAN QUILL #2 (of 12)
ETHAN SACKS (W) • ROBERT GILL (A)
Cover by JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER
Variant Cover by ROD REIS
IN THE COURT OF THE CRIMSON KING!
• PETER QUILL returns to Earth…but a lot has changed since he was last there.
• As Peter reacquaints himself with the GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, he’ll find it’s difficult to pick up where he left off.
• But they’ll have to figure it out quick, as A DEADLY ENEMY is closing in…
• And: What happened to the AVENGERS?
32 PGS./Parental Advisory …$3.99

Ten years ago, Millar created Old Man Logan.

Speaking of Dracula:

AVENGERS #14
JASON AARON (W) • DAVID MARQUEZ (A/C)
WRAPAROUND VARIANT COVER BY MATTEO SCALERA
SKRULLS VARIANT COVER by CARLOS PACHECO
THE WAR OF THE VAMPIRES BEGINS!
TRANSYLVANIA IS BURNING! As vampire civil war throws the world into chaos, the mysterious Shadow Colonel and his squad of undead revolutionaries have one burning question on their murderous minds: Where is Dracula? And if the Avengers find him first, will the lord of the damned be friend or foe?
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Where’s the Montesi Formula when you need it?

This is getting ridiculous.

i hope this dracula comes back

And not this jackass
Dracula_(Marvel_Comics)

Fixed that for you.

old man rocket

I like that Marvel are going to have to publish a book called “Marvel’s Avengers: Untitled Prelude,” unless Disney announce the title in the next two weeks (though it’s probably too late to change it for print anyway).

Yeah it seems the Marketing Dptm is running the show these days, so that’s who they should be replacing… whoever they are…

Their strategy seems to revolve around generating a maximum amount of click bait news… =/