millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Marvel Comics: The CB Cebulski Generation Begins!

8 Reasons Why CBR Is The Worst (and 7 Reasons Why You Still Visit)

It was like the day Jonah Weiland left after selling the site, it immediately went to shit.

His tweets are still good (from a sample, I still don’t tweeter).

too true… u_u

I guess I still visit cause I haven’t taken the time to look for a better site (if there even is one)… sooo… any suggestions?

I switched to Newsarama. It’s not perfect but better than CBR.

One solution - be discerning about which you click on, but that aside, just wait for MW’s own clickbait king @JRCarter to post links.

Is anyone reading Gillen’s Dr Aphra? Recommended?

Gilles yes. Spurrier on the fence

Yeah, it was very good. Si Spurrier’s taken over now. Still good, but not quite on the same level.

I read Gillen’s Dr Aphra as a result of Comixology sales, I probably wouldn’t have bothered otherwise. I’m glad I did though as it’s very good, genuinely funny and nicely plotted, with some decent art.

Tom Taylor’s writing a new Spider-Man series, with Juann Cabal on art:

I might just give that a shot. The more that they focus on Peter’s humanity, while obviously keeping the colour and fun, is for the better in my eyes.

Wait, you know you’re talking about Darth Vader, right? When did he become the guy who doesn’t do that?

Marvel has announced that writer Jason Aaron’s long-awaited Thor story War of the Realms will begin in April, 2019, as revealed during the publisher’s Next Big Thing panel at New York Comic Con.

Marvel’s teen hero team series Champions will relaunch in January, 2019 with a new #1 from writer Jim Zub and his Wayward artist Steven Cummings, as announced during Marvel’s Next Big Thing panel at New York Comic Con 2018.

Zub described the series as “the Legion of Superheroes for Marvel with the creative team of Wayward .”

Marvel has announced Avengers: No Road Home , a new story which brings back together Avengers: No Surrender writers Al Ewing, Mark Waid, and Jim Zub. The announcement came during Marvel’s Next Big Thing panel at New York Comic Con.

Artists on Avengers: No Road Home #1 include Paco Medina and Sean Izaakse.

Writers Jen and Sylvia Soska and artist Flaviano will launch a new Black Widow series in 2019, as announced during the Women of Marvel panel at New York Comic Con 2018.

Good for them. I know a lot of people who are friends/fans of the Soska sisters.

I thought that was the Shi’ar Imperial Guard.

Did they announce a reboot of the X-Men?

They’re definitely (re)launching Uncanny X-Men, though hard to tell if it’s a reboot. Shame, because Taylor’s X-Men: Red was great.

Nice to see Daniel Kibblesmith get another title. His Quantum & Woody and Lockjaw runs were both very fun.

They announce one every 3rd Wednesday of the month.