millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Marvel Comics: The CB Cebulski Generation Begins!

I could be wrong.

Oh yeah, don’t get me wrong, Jimez is great (and Paco Medina on Avengers is more than capable), but I’m talking more about this kind of fake hype… u_u

Oh and Medina’s name should at least be first, since he’s doing the vast majority of the art…

You’re only noticing this now about Marvel?

That makes no sense at all.

Oh bullshit. Seriously. Are they going to re-work every probability manipulating super power for this “action and reaction” business?

And that doctor’s powers seem like the same power as Michael Rowlan and Fabian Cortez.

Ugh, I hate power manipulators. They are such plot-point characters.

Full credit to Gail Simone.
It’s a pretty good series so far

I feel like that kind of power relationship could be kind of interesting for a set of new characters. Maybe identical twins or something. Pretty tragic characters, but it could work. It doesn’t really make any sense with Domino, though. Nor do the villains motivations seem to make much sense to me based on the brief summary I got from that article.

Also the “action/reaction” thing might be a reasonable explanation in a vacuum where these are the only two super-powered people, but with regards to mutants it doesn’t float. Because shouldn’t all mutants have the same type of counterpart then? Anytime Iceman ices up and creates a bunch of ice should some fire mutant be spontaneously bursting into flames and burning stuff? Or are we just going to blame Iceman for the melting ice caps? When Wolverine heals himself shouldn’t there be a mutant out there that spontaneously is injured horribly? I don’t know, it’s not the best concept…

This all reminds me a little bit of the Collective arc of Bendis’ New Avengers, which ended up being about balancing out the energies lost when the Scarlet Witch depowered all the mutants (oh, and he also dragged the whole Xorn mess into the bargain).

I still don’t get that. can someone explain the whole Xorn retcon to me?

Xorn was Magneto and anyone telling you otherwise is crazy.

What retcon? They cancelled all the X-Men books after Grant Morrison left.

Champions was very good today. Jim Zub has really started to hit his stride here.
lots of character development. Good screen time for all characters and a Giant Sized Man thing which can never go wrong.

Art was top notch also

Marvel’s SDCC sale is up, so they’re back on sale now:

Nice one thanks or the heads up paul

God dammit I don’t want this

But I realllllly want this

X-Men Black is just to cool of a name to ignore

Marvel Entertainment and IDW Publishing announced today that the two companies will develop middle-grade comic books designed for younger readers. Featuring some of Marvel’s most popular characters, the monthly issues and trade paperback collections, published by IDW, will be available for sale at local comic book shops and book retailers across the country, expanding opportunities for the next generation of Super Heroes to experience the Marvel Universe.

Launching in November 2018, the Marvel and IDW collaboration will kick off with a Spider-Man series featuring both Peter Parker and Miles Morales, followed by an Avengers series beginning in December and a Black Panther series in January 2019. Each of these titles will serve as an easily-accessible jumping-on point for younger readers to follow the adventures of their favorite characters.