millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Marvel Comics: The CB Cebulski Generation Begins!

Agaisnt my better judgement, I have been reading the Hunt for Wolverine books.

I’d been really enjoying it, at least initially.

However the Mystery in Madripoor is phoned in and bang average. Starts out not bad then quickly dissolves into a book of rubbish dialogur and boring action.

I’ve not read much by Zub, but it reads like a lot of the poorer Marvel books have done in the past 10 years. Basically a cash grab to get money out of folk with the writers struggling to fill the pages with anything close to content worth reading.

Best avoided.

I’ve read a few things by Zub (across various genres) and they’ve all left me cold .

Better they retcon Loeb’s dreadful run.

I always find it funny Pym’s wife beating ways were always just a mistake anyway. Shooter asked in his script that Hank just push Jan aside and the artwork came out with a full smack to the jaw.

Series writer Jeremy Whitley returns for this ongoing series which will feature Nadia Pym, Janet Van Dyne, as well as the Agents of G.I.R.L. team. Whitley will be joined by artist Gurihiru for the series, which is scheduled to debut October 3.

“They’re science ladies having science adventures! All of our Agents of G.I.R.L. are back, and they’re all on the same mission: to change the world through science,” Whitley tells Marvel.com. “They’re also going to be Nadia’s back-up in the field in ways that are new to this volume. It’s always useful to have four of the smartest scientists in the world in your earpiece, but we’ve got a few other ways for them to get in on the action.”

Man, it’s almost like there’s a Wasp movir out soon.

Somebody needs a right good beating. I’m not at all sure just who, yet - but somebody!

Pretty much the story of human history right there.

God, I hope so.

The only time I didn’t like Geoff Johns was when he was writing Avengers and did a juvenile sex sequence with Ant-Man and Wasp. Can that be retconned, too?

Well, if they can get rid of Spider-Man’s marriage, I’m sure that a two page sequence is no trouble for mighty Marvel.

But it will require an 8 issue miniseries with 12 tie ins.

This strategy by both Marvel and DC of bringing back books months after cancelling them is weird, but I’m glad it’s happening.

Following the groundbreaking 2017 series beloved by readers and critics alike, Bobby Drake is set to make his ongoing solo series return on September 12! Written by Sina Grace with art by Nathan Stockman, the new series kicks off a reenergized chapter in the life and times of the mutant hero.

It’s good timing too, because someone is hunting the Morlocks for sport. And it’s up to Bobby Drake to prevent another potential Mutant Massacre. But who’s behind this horrific hunt? You wouldn’t believe it if we told you! Guest-starring Bishop, get ready for more ICEMAN!

Is it… is it Bishop?

Lemme guess! Lemme guess!

WOLVERINE!

I wonder if they are getting traction in trade sales a bit down the line. I know that Iceman for one has been getting media attention outside the usual comics channels in the gay press. Those punters may be a bit slower to catch on to stuff and picking it up in a bookshop than the crowd that keeps up with comics news.

It is unusual if you look at their approach for the last 20 years or more, especially with the same creative team and not some attempt to completely revamp the concept.