millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Marvel Comics: The CB Cebulski Generation Begins!

The six-issue series, which was not officially announced prior to the June 6 release of its first issue, is written by Dennis Hopeless with art by David Messina, with a first issue cover by Mahmud Asrar, seen here.

“For years, Tyrone Johnson and Tandy Bowen were the super hero duo called CLOAK AND DAGGER – waging a citywide war on drugs, organized crime and corporate greed,” reads comiXology’s description. “In recent years, their crusade has taken them across the globe, fighting alongside Spider-Man, The X-Men and even The Avengers, and though they’ve drifted apart, a dangerous threat from their past has resurfaced – one that will force Cloak and Dagger to reunite and come to terms with their truest feelings for one another and the past they share!”

This is not a good business plan.

It means Disney finally figured out to do with that couple-million trash can lids they bought a couple years back.

Which is kind of weird since the SS had already returned to being Galactus’ herald in Annihilation… but yeah, Marvel decided to ignore all that period for some reason… u_u

It probably has more to do with Galactus currently being the Life Giver and not needing a herald until recently.

Thanks for the heads up on this, Hopeless writes young characters well in the Avengers Arena series

I thought the first issue of this was pretty interesting. Though the Hulk not killing took some of the edge off the story.

I have zero interest in the characters, but Dennis Hopeless is a great writer. I’ll look out for this in a future sale.

Following a cryptic teaser earlier this week, Marvel has announced Asgardians of the Galaxy, a new series starting in September.

The series creates a new team of Asgardian heroes to protect the Marvel Universe from intergalactic threats and is written by Cullen Bunn with art by Matteo Lolli.

The line-up of the team, seen here, includes Angela, Valkyrie, Thunderstrike, Throg, Skurge, and the Destroyer (whose pilot remains a mystery).

It’s nice to see Thunderstrike getting used again, at least.

Dale Keown covers are almost as alluring as Art Adams’.

is that Thunderstike??? Holy shit what happened to him? =/

Would’ve prefered Beta Ray Bill instead of gag Thor… but then again, the whole thing comes from a gag, so yeah…

It’s Eric’s son, whose name I’m blanking on. He can create his own look when he uses the mace to transform, though he didn’t quite have that look in his debut and Avengers Academy appearances.

Ahh… oh well… too bad, I kinda liked the Jacket and the pony tail =P

Kevin.

Throg is this team’s Rocket.