millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Marvel Comics: The CB Cebulski Generation Begins!

Original thinking is always in opposition to what has been called the corporate mentality. There really does need to be a shake-up every so often, and that goes even moreso for the upper echelons.

What I’m waiting for is all the independent creators to start to realize how long they have been used like toilet paper and tossed; and say to publishers that magic word “No”. No, I won’t sell my work for rates too low to live properly. No, I won’t letter your copy if you are a malignant sexist pig. No, I will not provide color if you have loud personal bias against certain colors! No, I will not edit for you if you tell me to lie to my staff. No, I will not buy your funny-books if you keep engaging in negative behaviors. That sort of thing.

Never going to happen as there’s a long line of people desperate to work on comics for the bare minimum and the financial impact of developing a name can be really great. It’s like athletics, rookies go through crap for the chance to get a big pay day. Marvel and DC take nobodies and make them into millionaires. Or at least they help make that happen.

Image is the only other option and they don’t do shit to help creators make it big. They’re just a publisher with a skeleton crew. They don’t own the properties so they have no real reason to coach creators into becoming big names.

A whole season of Super Hero squad was about Thanos and the Infinity Gauntlet.

WARNING: The Following Article Contains SPOILERS Up To X-Men: Red #4.

So much more important than the hundreds of murders he’s committed!

WEST COAST AVENGERS #1
Writer: Kelly Thompson
Artist: Stefano Caselli
HAWKEYE (KATE BISHOP). HAWKEYE (CLINT BARTON). A guy named FUSE. Never have they ever been called “the big three” of…anything. And now here they are, reunited for, okay, well, it’s only the second time ever. Thank god they also brought AMERICA CHAVEZ, GWENPOOL and KID OMEGA. Wait. What? That’s right, it’s the new West Coast Avengers, son. And you better hope they can figure out how to save the world because BIG things are headed for the West Coast.

Yeah, I’ll try that. Quire on a proper non-X-students team seems odd though.

How was Thompson’s Hawkeye? How did it compare to Fraction’s or Lemire’s?

It was different, and much less stylized, but good.

So much for Aaron having the only Avengers team/book. How long did they last on that claim?

Nice
marvel are making a book I want to buy.
I really enjoyed Thompson’s Kate book.
So this is a cert for me

Three months, which is about as long as I expected.

The Solicitations for August 2018 thread

Solicitations for August 2018 (w/ Previews Text)

X-CLASSIFIED #2
classified (W) • classified (A)
Cover by classified
VARIANT COVER BY classified
ALL WILL BE REVEALED IN JUNE!
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

This assumes people will give a shit come June.

Come June? I don’t give a shit now.

But seriously, the THIRD issue will be solicited when they reveal the details.

@RobL, how do you handle cases like this?

Wow.
with the exception of X-MEN: GRAND DESIGN - SECOND GENESIS #2 and maybe Avengers I won’t have more than 2 Marvel comics on my pull list.

That’s a first for me in 25 years.

I was hoping for a WCA title but this looks terrible.

I’ve been kicked out of my Unlimited account twice in the last two weeks after a year or two of smooth sailing. It looks like their prices have gone up and they’re changing from an annual subscription to a monthly one too, although it is hard to find the actual terms anywhere.