millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Marvel Comics: The CB Cebulski Generation Begins!

I found a picture of you bagged and boarded:

Hey!

I resemble that remark!

Is that your Business Casual look?

Let me tell you what you do as a retailer when Marvel pulls the “we’re not telling you anything about this non returnable item”

You order really REALLY low, because if it was a “name” doing the book, they’d plug the hell out of it.

The only time I’ve ever seen it be something other than disappointing is when it’s a name that they can’t announce yet because they’re still exclusive with another company. It would be cool if that started happening again but I don’t hold out much hope.

Yep, there was but it’s some time ago now.

Marvel is relaunching the current “Legacy” Punisher series, ditching the War Machine armor but keeping series writer Matthew Rosenberg.

In the new Punisher #1 launching August 1, Rosenberg and Riccardo Burchielli (DMZ) are doing a stripped-down version of Frank Castle - but a Frank Castle with an eye on bigger fish than usal.

“We’re going to get back to Frank Castle with a handgun and a knife, stalking the streets of New York, and getting his hands dirty. But we’re also going to see a man who has changed from his time in the armor,” said Rosenberg. “He developed a taste for bigger game and larger targets, and he’s not going to give that up easily. So in a sense it’s back to basics - but on a bigger scale.”

In this new series, the Punisher will, among other things, “travel overseas to overthrow a government and kill a world leader, and then come back home and go toe-to-toe with some of the most powerful people in the Marvel Universe.”

Bugger

Marvel certainly seems to be going all in on Rosenberg.

May 2011!

Yeah, I can believe that.

It 's OK if you use that timeline to write a mind-bending time-travel story ! :wink:

I have 100 issues of Cable outlined and ready to go.

Not joking one bit.

That’s very disappointing to hear.

We were expecting 200 issues.

oh, I didn’t mention the various spin-offs/tie-ins and 3 summer events. The 100 issues is merely a framing device

#HickmanWasRight

I remember back when Punisher appeared in Spider-Man and Daredevil, he seemed to always be stalking the streets of New York with what looked like a hunting rifle.

Does that factor in the crossovers with DC, Image, IDW and Boom Studios?

let me check my map.

The true lord of Limbo does not acknowledge those aspects of reality or multiversal facets.

Translation: I don’t have Year Three of my tenure on Cable planned like I should have already done months ago.

Ribic is god. I wish he was steady enough to do interiors on this book.