millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Marvel Comics: The CB Cebulski Generation Begins!

Is one of the heroes of that book a Grand Wizard of the Ku Klux Klan?

Oh most definitely not the hero. He’s like the Doctor Doom of the Pat Mills 2000ad universe.

Pat is slightly to the left politically of Lenin.

Here’s the hero to that particular villain.

Those Diceman strips are in the collected Nemesis editions (which I just recently reread). They’re a lot of fun.

That’s where I know them from!

For our US cousins - now is the time to stress that if you have not read Nemisis, you really should give it a go.

Not only is it fantastic but it features early art from Kevin O’Neill and Bryan Talbot.

So… this is the 2000AD thread, is it?

Bodes well for the Marvel Comics resurgence, I think not.

Marvel will become part of our new 2000AD Brexit Empire! All hail Dredd!

I think we can find a good middle ground

To being that further back to Marvel, on the back of some good review I tried the Black Bolt series. It is pretty good, works in its own space and is an interesting concept and Death’s Head gets a great cameo.

I used this week’s digital sale to finally read Priest’s Black Panther.

Overall very good, though I much preferred the Wakanda stuff to the sections where he’s in the US with the Avengers, fighting Hydroman, teaming up with Deadpool, etc so there was a lot of it didn’t care that much about.

I’ve now also caught up on the Coates Black Panther, which I really like. It definitely benefits from being read in bulk, as the first twelve issues are one big story. It doesn’t feel decompressed to me though, there’s a lot going on. It’s just not all that well suited to a monthly book, or even one read four issues at a time in TPB.

The second arc has been enjoyable too, and I’m looking forward to what Coates does with Asira/Queen Divine Justice, one of my favourite characters from the Priest run.

I also read the spin-offs, which are fine but inessential. World of Wakanda is mostly a prequel to the main series about the Dora Milaje, and doesn’t need to be five issues, especially as we know the ending. There’s also a one-shot with Kasper Cole from the end of the Priest run (with Joe Bennett back on art) that might appeal more to people who liked that run.

Black Panther and the Crew is really only a BP book in name only, it’s mostly about Misty Knight, Storm, and a few other side characters. It feels more like a Defenders series, which maybe made it redundant when they brought Defenders back.

Here’s a click for our Clickbait king @JRCarter

Marvel unlimited on the fritz for anyone else? I’m kicked out and Marvel’s password reset page seems to be down.

handcuffs self

I am not clicking that link. Nope, not going to do it. Nope, nope, nope.

I seem to be fine here.

That’s happened to me twice before, though not recently. It’s just shitty software, I think.

Yeah I had it maybe a year or so back. It fixed itself if I think, I can’t remember needing to contact them.

I’ve had the same problem - eventually got resolved and my subscription had dropped off their system or whatever

Wow. I must have misread the original announcement. I thought this was going to be 4 one-shots. Evidently, it’s going to be 4 series. I might check out the opening one-shot but I’ll probably pass on these. It feels a bit too much like milking it.

Does anyone else have issues with the embedded video covering up story text on Newsarama?

How is Mystery in Madipoor not the mystery/noir series? That seems like a missed opportunity.