millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Marvel Comics: The CB Cebulski Generation Begins!

Not sure #16 should count.

For those that were asking in the previous thread, the FCBD issues are up at comixology:

(DC too)

I can’t decide if this is genius or desperate. Marvel is using the art from the Jim Lee X-Men trading card series from the early 90’s as alternate covers.

Probably a little of both.

That trading card series was great. I loved seeing Jim Lee draw the huge range of X-universe characters especially X-Force. It’s just a bit odd that they’re blowing up art that was meant for trading card size. It looks like they’ve at least brought in an inker to re-ink them.

My cousin had a bunch.

It’s one of their weaker variant ideas.

Not sure if this goes here, but I just read the latest releases on MU, titles published on Nov 30. I absolutely loved Great Lakes Avengers, it’s yet another terrific, lovable, sitcomesque title from Marvel, a la Howard the Duck, Squirrel Girl and Hellcat. I get that it’s not a sustainable niche for a Big 2 publisher, but damn they do it well. This GLA reads as much as anything like the old JLI comics, which is about as high praise as I can give it. And the art is great.

I also read the first issue of Lemire’s Old Man Logan Dracula story, which was fantastic. I didn’t care much for the Japan arc, but this is great.

There was also a Guardians of the Galaxy issue featuring Spider-Man and drawn by Kevin Maguire which I really enjoyed. I haven’t liked what Bendis has done with the team, but this issue (#14) was a thoroughly enjoyable one-off. Plus, Maguire!

That said, the latest Totally Awesome Hulk was very…lukewarm. I like Pak as a writer and Cho as a character but I have to say this just isn’t working.

I’ll second your comment on Great Lakes Avengers.

I think I posted about it at the time of the firstbor second issue but I stopped buying in floppy because I thought I’d pick the trade up later on eBay or something for cheaper than $3.99 an issue.

I thought it was very funny and very creative.

I seem to remember one where we found out that it was Wolverines adamantium that was keeping his mutant abilities “in check”? Once Mags ripped it out he was then allowed to evolve and mutate into whatever he was supposed to be?

If someone claims a fucking comic book destroyed their soul then they really need to quit comics and discover the outside world.

It’s clickbait!

‘Annoyed me a little’ becomes ‘destroyed my soul’. :smile:

Inside Marvel: ‘Brave New World’ anthology focuses on the world under Hydra’s rule

https://www.yahoo.com/news/inside-marvel-brave-world-anthology-182209110.html

An Asgardian titan. A Wakandan warrior bred to be a king. The very first Sorcerer Supreme.

Since its inception, Marvel has been delivering groundbreaking heroes and explosive stories. Now, prepare to return to the dawn of time, as Marvel introduces you to the first Avengers from 1,000,000 BC – when iconic torch-bearers such as Odin, Iron Fist, Star Brand, Ghost Rider, Phoenix, Agamotto, and Black Panther come together for the startling origin of the Marvel Universe, in MARVEL LEGACY #1!

The acclaimed team of writer Jason Aaron (Mighty Thor) and artist Esad Ribic (Secret Wars) reunite for an all-new 50-page blockbuster one-shot that will take you through time to the current Marvel Universe, showing you how it’s truly “all connected.” A true homage to Marvel’s groundbreaking stories, MARVEL LEGACY brings your favorite characters together for exciting and epic new stories that will culminate in returning to original series numbering for long-running titles.

MARVEL LEGACY #1 isn’t simply a history lesson,” says SVP and Executive Editor Tom Brevoort. “Rather, it’s the starting gun to a bevy of mysteries and secrets and revelations that will reverberate across the Marvel Universe in the weeks and months to come! No character, no franchise will be untouched by the game-changing events that play out across its pages. Jason and Esad pulled out all the stops to fat-pack this colossal issue with as much intrigue, action, surprise, mystery, shock and adventure as possible!”

MARVEL LEGACY #1 will present all fans – new readers and current readers – the very best jumping on point in the history of comics,” says Marvel Editor in Chief Axel Alonso. “What Jason and Esad have crafted is more grand and more gargantuan than anything we have ever seen before and introduces concepts and characters the Marvel Universe has never encountered. Fans are going to witness an all-new look at the Marvel Universe starting at one of the earliest moments in time carried all the way into present day. Not only will this be the catalyst for Marvel evolving and moving forward, but expect it to be the spark that will ignite the industry as a whole.”

This September, prepare to MAKE MINE MARVEL with the most surprising, suspenseful, mysterious, astonishing tale ever told, featuring appearances from almost every beloved Marvel hero! It all leads to the return of a major Marvel icon in a shocking reveal that will leave fans speechless!

True believers: this book has it all! Dive into all the excitement when MARVEL LEGACY #1 comes to comic shops everywhere this September!

MARVEL LEGACY #1

Written by JASON AARON

Art by ESAD RIBIC

Double Gatefold Cover by JOE QUESADA

No mention of a price, but given this is Marvel, I wouldn’t be surprised if they want $7.99 for a 50-page comic, jumping-on point or no. Maybe more. :roll_eyes:

That’s just the main story. There will be backup stories too. Probably also a reprint of Fantastic Four #1 - y’know, to hammer home the legacy part of this. And, it will be $9.99 because they’ve got away with that on multiple single issues of Deadpool and Amazing Spider-man over the last few years. And, Marvel, are not going to leave money on the table. Are they? That’s not fair to retailers, remember?

I think book sounds amazing and I’m not going quibble over a couple of dollars for it. I’ll be buying.

So…Marvel Rebirth

They had to do something. Interesting to see how it works out for them. They’ve got good talent on there in Aaron and Ribic, but Im feeling rather cynical about Marvel right now.

Looks like they’ve hit the big red panic button at last. This month’s Marvel’s Previews was like a myopic glance at a line that has got out of control. I hope they can reign it in.

All of the marketing fluff lines and hyping sounds the same. Hopefully the product is a little different?

Aaron and Ribic together on a Marvel-fantasy book is as close as it gets to an auto-buy. That sounds incredible and it’s going to be a great day when I go into the LCS this September and pick this book and an issue the DC Metal book up.

Kimota!