millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Marvel Comics: Not-So-Secret Empire is here!

Marvel’s Civil War II teams revealed

Is it just me or are the majority of the new Marvel comics shite
Marvel Comics: All-New & All-Different
What are your views on Civil War II
DC Comics - The Rebirth is Here
Marvel Comics: All-New & All-Different
Marvel: "Diversity is killing sales"
DC Comics - The Rebirth is Here

In that case, and with this being a comic book forum, there is only one question to ask:

Who watches the watchmen?

I cant imagine the X-men being anything but advocating changing the future, seeing thats been a big theme of the franchise since its inception.

Oh, there’s a system in place.

See back then, everybody of the regulars who wasn’t a mod drew ballots and one of them was the black one. That person got endowed with the power to take out any and all of the mods should the need ever arise.

But nobody knows who this person is.

Could be Mique. Could be Tim. Could be Todd. Could be anyone. And we will never know… unless, one day, they are needed.

God will it that day never come.

God will it that day may never ever come

In that lies our greatest hope.

In that lies our greatest fear.

C2E2: Marvel Celebrates 25 Years Of Deadpool

Interestingly, when others (friends, family, coworkers) know you are into comics, they ask you questions now and then about comic characters, comic movies, etc… This co worker reads these magazines on black people in the news. She read a small article on the Black Panther reboot and the new writer etc. and asked me all about it. I told her the new issue will be out April 6th and she is going to the LCS and buying it to support the black writer.

Good for her I say, and I hope she goes more often.

All I can say is “Never send out a kid to do an old fart’s job”.

Now stay off the freakin’ lawn!

The problem is that that ballot was done in the very very early days of the board.

The person who drew the black ballot subsequently became a mod. The power … the power has been difficult to track since then.

It’s good she is doing that, but it’s bandwagon jumping really isn’t it? Because she’s seen it in a magazine.

There’s other black writers and artists out there that she could support if she feels that strongly about it.

But it has to start somewhere doesn’t it? If people pick up the book that is mentioned in the media and like it, maybe they’ll be more receptive to other stuff.

There was great beauty in closing the old thread with The Godfather still.

Art is where you find it.

The old Board “crashed” for a reason.

The Board was reborn and reformed into this incarnation for a reason.

The Board knows how to take care of itself.

#ALL HAIL THE BOARD!

Everybody at once, now (as soon as you put on your ritual robes)

#ALL HAIL THE BOARD!

Why am I worried that the Board has now achieved awareness?

“Unbeatable Squirrel Girl Beats Up the Marvel Universe!” OGN Set for October

The OGN, titled “The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl Beats Up the Marvel Universe,” comes from the regular “Unbeatable Squirrel Girl” creative team of writer Ryan North and artist Erica Henderson.

THE UNBEATABLE SQUIRREL GIRL BEATS UP THE MARVEL UNIVERSE! OGN
Written by Ryan North
Art and cover by Erica Henderson
Proof that we’re living in the best of all possible worlds: THERE’S GONNA BE A SQUIRREL GIRL GRAPHIC NOVEL!
It’s a stand-alone adventure that’s both great for new Squirrel Girl readers, and also for people who ALREADY know about how she can talk to squirrels and also punch really well!
Behold: a story so HUGE it demanded a graphic novel! A story so NUTS that it incorporates BOTH senses of that word (insanity AND the weird hard fruit thingies) (they’re fruits, did you know that?) (I didn’t until I looked them up just now, so looks like we’re all learning science from this solicit text for a comic book!)
Squirrel Girl has defeated Thanos, Galactus, and Doctor Doom. TWICE. But in this all-new graphic novel, she’ll encounter her most dangerous, most powerful, most unbeatable enemy yet: HERSELF.
Specifically, an evil duplicate made possible through mad science (both computer and regular) as well as some Bad Decisions. In other words, SQUIRREL GIRL BEATS UP THE MARVEL UNIVERSE!

There are no Marvel comics here.

More Civil War II tie-ins: http://www.newsarama.com/28470-power-pack-damage-control-nick-fury-more-choosing-sides-in-new-civil-war-ii-spin-off.html

At the Saturday C2E2 panel “Civil War II,” Marvel announced a new anthology series spinning out of the summer event featuring some fan favorites and cult favorites taking part in the struggle. Civil War II: Choosing Sides will feature the return of classic Marvel teams like Damage Control and Power Pack, a Night Thrasher story, as well as an over-arching Nick Fury story written and drawn by Declan Shalvey and colored by Jordie Bellaire.

Well so yeah, Declan will be writing and drawing (with Jordie on colors!) a Nick Fury story that’ll run through all six issues – 10 pages in the first issue, then six pages for the rest. It’s an insane story, full of cool action, guest stars, gadgets, twists, turns, Inhuman predictions – everything. I feel like we haven’t done enough to make people think much of this new Fury – I told Declan I wanted to do something about that, and boy is he doing something about it…

And Brandon Easton – one of the writers on the Agent Carter TV show – is telling a Night Thrasher story, with art by Goran Sudzuka. Night Thrasher was recently brought back in Contest of Champions, and this story here returns him to the Marvel Universe proper. His story here synchs up with events in Civil War II #1 in a big way. And if all goes according to plan, this’ll lead to something even bigger for Night Thrasher…

And then Chad Bowers & Chris Sims will be writing a Damage Control story with art by Leonardo Romero. There’s a huge battle in the heart of NYC in Civil War II #1 – and who do you call after a big super hero brawl to take care of all the destruction? Damage Control, of course. Chris & Chad love Damage Control, and they’re eager to show new readers and remind existing fans why Damage Control is one of the more special teams out there in all of comics!

I kind of love the idea of Night Thrasher as Marvel’s new big character.