millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Luke Cage (Netflix) discussion

Smashy fixers!

Does anyone know if the fight choreographers left Daredevil after Season 1?

Season 2 is great but the fights in DD Season 1 are far superior to the other Netflix shows.

Only one episode left to go and my view of the show hasn’t changed much. The whole Frankenstein’s laboratory stuff with the scientist was very B-movie, but not in a good way, unfortunately. Stuff between Diamondback and Cage was… okay, I guess. Very boring that Diamondback turned out to be Cage’s brother - that was very, very soapy and broke through my suspension of disbelief. Also getting very tired of Cage being chased as a criminal etc. - that’s the part of the plot that’s intensely boring to me, and Shades suddenly bringing in proof of how Carl was framed is beyond deus ex machina to bring about a happy ending that wasn’t really in the cards. Oh, and the action is as lacklustre as ever. Maybe the big superpowered finale fight will be better, but I doubt it.

I did like how they handled the romance. That actually worked quite well.

I’ll be interested to see how you feel about the last episode especially with some of the qualms you’ve mentioned, Christian.

Watched episode 10 last night

My wife and I are slowly getting through it by this is the reason we haven’t moved into Iron fist (which I think I’ll be watching on my own, if at all) or the Defenders get.

The first 5 or 6 episodes were good but the last 4 or 5 I’ve watched have been pretty boring.

I quite enjoyed the languid pacing of Jessica Jones in the end, but not so much with Luke Cage.

Hopefully we get it finished before the year is out.

I’m not crazy about the push for Mariah unless they improve on their plotting significantly in the new season. Last season seemed to think she was being written as a criminal mastermind when she just came off like an idiot at every turn.

Hum… yeah this was a weird season… interesting finish though…

However, seeing Luke & Danny together, I was kinda hoping for an ending that would pave the way for an eventual Heroes for Hire… I know most people hate Finn Jones as IF, but I really dig the chemestry between the two… I’d really watch a proper HFH…

People sometimes confuse their reaction to actors with their reaction to roles. I don’t hate Finn Jones, I just can’t warm to Danny.

One episode in and we’ve already had Luke Cage butt shots and Luke Cage dabbing. What an age we live in!