millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Kickstarter for The Murder Club Part 2 is live!!

Hey everyone, I’ve made public the preview of my upcoming Kickstarter.

The money to print Part 1 was successfully raised last year, and this follow-up KS is for the second and concluding part.

Would love to hear your feedback on the campaign and rewards, just to make sure it’s as appealing as possible for when it goes live.

Thanks, Tony.

Howdy,

I read part 1 on Comichaus and really enjoyed it. Kudos to you.

With regards to the Kickstarter, I’m probably not the best to judge as I don’t really know what works in terms of rewards but I do like the no nonsense options you have available. They’re all ‘pay ya money and this is what ya get’ type rewards and I really like that compared to others that just offer bits of extra crap and shit (although crap and shit may work as well) that will probably just go in the bin.

Not too sure about the last reward. Seems very unlikely to happen and kind of takes away from the other rewards. A bit like: what’s the point in trying to help this guy make a comic by picking a smaller reward when someone could just ride in and do it all.

Hope this helps, good luck with the project.

Tim

Hey Tim,

Thanks for the feedback! Glad you enjoyed part 1 - I can’t wait to get the final part out there.
As for KS, I’ve never gone in for the “tons of crap” approach - it’s just about the comics for me.

The “Sold Gold Yacht” tier is a bit of a running joke tbh - as in “you’ve pledged so much I can buy myself a solid gold yacht!”. I’ve had one in all my Kickstarters so far, but I’d definitely like to hear others thoughts on it if it’s too much of a distraction, as I can ditch that easily.

Cheers,
Tony.

Yikes! Only one week to go now before launch :smiley:

Have a look at the preview before it goes live - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tonycooper/1264582276?ref=442551&token=4982cd64 and while you’re there you can grab yourself the PDF of Chapter 1 for FREE!

And it’s gone LIVE! :smiley:

There’s a link at the top to grab Part 1-Chapter 1 as a PDF for completely FREE, so you can check it out first if you fancy. And you can of course get Part 1 as one of the rewards for backing Part 2, so you won’t miss out.

Cheers!
Tony.

Well I’ve had a fantastic start - already 35% funded! So thanks to anyone here who has backed me. But I want more, MORE I tell you :smiley:

So, the next 4 people who pledge for a physical copy will get a free pin badge added to their rewards!! Don’t say I never give you anything. Oh, and I’ll also be doing an art progress update later today for backers only.

And if all that’s not enough to tempt you… er, do you take bribes?

TMCPinbadge

12 days to go and 41% funded - yes, it’s the quiet middle period of any Kickstarter :smiley:

So I just thought I’d bump this as a reminder, and to let you know that backers currently have two exclusive updates: one is the progress of a page from sketch to the finished version, and the other is how I designed the two main characters of Lisa and Tom. So if that’s your kind of thing, even a £1/$1 pledge will get you access.

I’d love you to take a look, comment and share if it looks interesting. Thanks!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tonycooper/the-murder-club-useless-deaths-part-2-graphic-nove

P5_progress
NB: the actual “page progress” update goes into a bit more detail than this :stuck_out_tongue:

And we’re into the final week! It’s currently at 48% which isn’t bad, but hoping to really boost it across the line in the next 7 days. So if you haven’t pledged yet, now’s the time :smiley:

FYI, backers don’t just get digital and physical copies of the graphic novel, but also exclusive updates featuring WIP art and info.

Thanks for your interest and your support if you’ve already backed.

Cheers, Tony.

rectangle_TMCKS1

BONUS! Quick sample linework…
P7_WIP1

And there’s only 48 hours left! Get your pledges in now before this tale of murderous psychopaths slips you by :slight_smile:

Want another page to tempt you? OH, go on then…

I’ve got a proof copy of the print version of The Murder Club and I’m almost ready to email out the digital ones - that’s 18 months of work for two graphic novels and one whole story. :smiley:

I think I’m going to take a break now and try not to come up with any more graphic novel ideas than the two currently fighting for attention in my brain (“Don’t do it Tony, Don’t do it…”)