millarworld.tv Comics Creators

***Jupiter's Circle 2 #1 Talkback Thread PLUS PREVIEW***

Of all the things I’ve done I think these books are the ones I’m most proud of. I can’t wait to have them all on my shelves when the final issue of Mister Quitely’s Legacy Vol 2 wraps late summer and we have all the collections out by Christmas. Here’s a peek at tomorrow’s issue and what it would be like to be married to a Superman-like guy:

https://imagecomics.com/comics/releases/jupiters-circle-vol.-2-1

MM

Looks awesome as ever, this will be an exciting year for Millarworld! :sunglasses: :thumbsup:

I’m only bummed that I’ll have to wait until next week to pick it up. Looking good.

JL is so good… I’ve forced at least 20 friends to read it. "HEY, READ THIS! " I said as I smacked them in the face with the TPB.

Can’t wait for more epic fight/action scenes from FQ!

I’ll be picking mine up tomorrow,all covers. Love this series!

Thanks, guys. This volume is structured a little differently, one big story focusing on Skyfox, The Utopian and Lady Liberty, centred around everything from the LA race riots in 1965 to a secret on the moon of Europa.

really, really, really happy with this!

MM

I’m loving this so far. Jupiter’s Circle vol 1 didn’t hit the spot for me at all but I enjoyed the first issue of vol 2. When will Jupiter’s Legacy come back??

Jupiter’s Legacy returns in the New Year so we can run them monthly without interruption. JC is here in the meantime.

Really enjoyed Vic and Ryan’s review of this and amazed Ryan didn’t see where the relationship stuff was building. These guys hit the nail on the head…

http://www.millarworld.tv/articles/bwrs2e90

MM

Issue 1: A great start to the arc! Exploring the aspects of a Superhero marriage was fun, and the “Jupiter” mystery is a great hook. I can’t wait to see George again in issue #2 (hopefully!) :sunglasses: :thumbsup:

So, what they found…it’s one of those things that makes the sound we call ping right?

Great start to the next volume, I hope the shifting art plays off well, thematically I mean.

One thing I’ve enjoyed about the Jupiter books is the lack of clarity/definition in character powersets. Not only does it make these kind of details seem subsidiary to the depiction of character, but it also makes these characters seem like they are capable of anything as well as giving the vibes that older depictions of superheroes seem to give off, in that the idea/gesture of the character is more important. It seems like you could tell any kind of story with these characters.

Or maybe that’s way off, I dunno. Regardless, I’m enjoying it!

Crap. This is the thread where I probably should have put this.

Jupiter’s Legacy Vol. 2 #1 - This was a fantastic issue. I like that we still got the slice of life stuff that has made this book so good along with a scene that maybe hints at the mystery behind the team’s powers. @wilfredotorres work on this book has been stellar and this issue is the best yet. As always, I’m looking forward to more.