Comics Creators

Jessica Jones - Netflix series discussion

Worst moment of the series was when she decided she needed to go to prison to… I don’t know, somehow catch Killgrave by being in prison? That was a point when the scripts had become really dumb.

I don’t have a problem with the casting, only the writing.

So I’m good for season 2 . :slight_smile:

That was exactly the part I was thinking of.

That, and the part where she got hold of Killgrave’s parents and immediately stuck them in a containment tank with him. What could possibly go wrong? :slight_smile:

Agree with all of the above.

To be fair though theres also a lot of characters telling JJ she has dumb plans.

So does anyone have any thoughts on what they’d like to see in the next season? I think it would be interesting to have a bit more focus on Jessica as a PI - see her work a few more actual cases (whether they involve super-people or not), and to have a subtler overarching storyline that doesn’t come to the fore until later in the series. That might convince me to come back for more, I think.

To be fair, Jessica is mentally ill. She’s suffering from PTSD and is literally facing her worst fear. Stuipid plans, and lurching from one to the next and commiting whole hog to them all in turn is not out of the ordinary for people who have manic phases.

That is a fair interpretation, but if that’s the explanation the writers intended then I think it could have been conveyed a bit more clearly. The episodes dealing with these plans are structured a little oddly if we’re meant to recognise them as bad ideas in the first place.

The thing about drama is that it confronts characters with situations and then they either change, in response, or hold firm to who they are.

Jessica does the latter, she doesn’t change who she is, based on her experience of confronting Kilgrave.

Unfortunately, that means she starts the series as an asshole and ends the series as an asshole.

I don’t think that’s a great conclusion after 13 episodes.

I don’t know, she starts as a downtrodden asshole and ends as a triumphant asshole. That’s something. :slight_smile:

Which is the opposite of her arc in the comic on which the series was based. She never becomes all sweetness and light, and still has a certain degree of cynicism, but she does get to leave some of her self loathing behind.

“Jessica Jones” Adds “The Returned” Showrunner as Executive Producer

‘Jessica Jones’ Season 2 Release Date: Filming Set For 2017

‘Jessica Jones’ Season 2: What We Know (and Don’t Know) So Far

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: DC COMICS now in MOVIE FORM!

Why would they do that? The best part of the show was when he was played as a Boogie Man (or Baba Yaga in John Wick terms :wink: ). It became much less interesting when they revealed him and then kept doing the catch and release thing for half the season.

I agree the catch and release was annoying but could Kilgrave be stuck in Jessica’s head for good now. They could really amplify the boogieman aspect now that he is just in Jessica’s imagination.

Still their biggest mistake to not have her do other detective stuff for the first half of the season and only then actually reveal him.