millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Introduce yourself

Brand new forum, tell everyone who’s coming for a nosey a little about yourself.

Name:
Age Range:
Comics you’re currently buying:
Favorite Millar book?
Favorite comic characters:
Top TV shows right now:
Best movie you saw in the last year:
Where do you live?
Bank Account, Social Security Number, Mothers Maiden name?
What do you like about Millarworld?
If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?
If you could have one last meal before your glorious death in the Thunderball arena, what would you eat?
Top 5 fictional characters you’d go to Vegas with?
If you could visit one place, where would you go?
If you had to room with another Millarworlder, who would you pick?

Name: Jim O’Hara
Age Range: Getting too close to 40
Comics you’re currently buying: Avengers, Millar stuff, Transformers, anything Guardians.
Favorite Millar book? The upcoming Chrononauts.
Favorite comic characters: Blue Beetle & Booster Gold, Star Lord & Rocket, Warlock & Thanos. I’m a sucker for love stories.
Top TV shows right now: Vikings Black Sails, Justified, Archer.
Best movie you saw in the last year: The Lego Movie
Where do you live? Chicagoland
Bank Account, Social Security Number, Mothers Maiden name? Oh you!
What do you like about Millarworld? That it tries to be better than the rest of the internet.
If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? Everyone should visit at least one other country and live there for 3 months once in their lives.
If you could have one last meal before your glorious death in the Thunderball arena, what would you eat? Wifeys Shepherds Pie.
Top 5 fictional characters you’d go to Vegas with? Starlord, Dean Winchester, Tony Stark, Han Solo, James T Kirk.
If you could visit one place, where would you go? Tokyo.
If you had to room with another Millarworlder, who would you pick? Anyone who’s been here for a while already knows the answer to that.

Name: Ben Crofts
Age Range: 38
Comics you’re currently buying: Too many trades: Mignolaverse, Transformers, Franco-Belgian titles like Scorpion and IR$, Japanese work like Blade of the Immortal, Usagi Yojimbo.
Favorite Millar book? Supercrooks / Superior
Favorite comic characters: Quite a few, selection would be: Scorpion, Nikolai Dante, Judge Dredd, The Shade
Top TV shows right now: Wolf Hall
Best movie you saw in the last year: Guardians of the Galaxy
Where do you live? Rayleigh, Essex
What do you like about Millarworld? The feel of the place: Positive, welcoming, friendly

Name: Martin
Age Range: 25 - 30
Comics you’re currently buying: More Than Meets The Eye, Marvel Epic Collections, GI Joe Complete Collections
Favorite Millar book? Uh, Ultimates?
Favorite comic characters: Nightbeat, Stingray, Scarlett
Top TV shows right now: Last Week Tonight, Only Connect, Brooklyn 99
Best movie you saw in the last year: Winter Soldier
Where do you live? Gloucestershire
What do you like about Millarworld? This version? Uh, I’ll get back to you on that…
If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? I’d eradicate seedless grapes. You want the flavour, you take the texture.
If you could have one last meal before your glorious death in the Thunderball arena, what would you eat? Ambrosia.

Name: Steve Bannister
Age Range: Older than you unless you’re Miqque or Meadows.
Comics you’re currently buying: Old ones, mostly.
Best movie you saw in the last year: BoxTrolls, Birdman & Guardians of the Galaxy.
Where do you live? South East England.
What do you like about Millarworld? The free pizza. You didn’t get your free pizza…?
If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? All these damn people everywhere…

Name: Todd Gross
Age Range: 46-47
Comics you’re currently buying: The Fade Out, Lazarus, Bitch Planet, Chew, East of West and some other creator-owned books
Favorite Millar book? Super Crooks and the one that has been forsaken
Favorite comic characters:Don’t really have any
Top TV shows right now: The Americans, Archer, Justified, Bob’s Burgers, Person of Interest, Elementary
Best movie you saw in the last year: Guardians of the Galaxy
Where do you live? Sugar Land, Texas
Bank Account, Social Security Number, Mothers Maiden name? I’ll need to see yours first to make sure I’m doing this right
What do you like about Millarworld? The intelligent insanity
If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? Getting everybody to calm the hell down and relax!
If you could have one last meal before your glorious death in the Thunderball arena, what would you eat? My wife’s homemade enchiladas and her homemade Mexican chocolate cake
Top 5 fictional characters you’d go to Vegas with? James Bond, Tony Stark, Longshot, Sherlock Holmes (Johnny Lee Miller version) and Sterling Archer
If you could visit one place, where would you go? Another planet
If you had to room with another Millarworlder, who would you pick? I’m not sure that’s a good idea for anyone involved

Name: Hank T. Cannon
Age Range: Early 40ish

Comics you’re currently buying: Impulse shopper based on current reviews and feedback.

Favorite Millar book? His Authority Run

Favorite comic characters: Midnighter, Storm, Monica Rambeau,

Top TV shows right now: Adventure Time, Archer, Gumball, Steven Universe

Best movie you saw in the last year: Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Where do you live? Austin, TX

What do you like about Millarworld? Consistently the best moderated comics/pop culture forum I’ve ever visited. I’ve known some of the posters since the old…oooooooooold long deprecated DC Forums days during the Wildstorm heyday, and in general they have consistently been good people, with only a few bad eggs.

If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? Add superpowers, even there had to be an alien invasion to do it!

If you could have one last meal before your glorious death in the Thunderball arena, what would you eat? Lobster mac-n-cheese dressed with fresh claw meat, black pepper and paprika with a side of fried oysters.

If you could visit one place, where would you go? In the real world: London; if “anywhere” is on the table, Bendix’s superhuman factory.

NAME: Patrick
COMICS: Guardians of the Galaxy, Avengers books, Bendis X-Books, Untimate Spider-Man, Amazing Spider-Man, Hawkeye, Thor, Uncanny Avengers, Daredevil, Justice League, Batman, Multiversity, Saga, Sex Criminals, Alex and Ada, anything Garth Ennis writes
MILLAR-BOOK: Ultimates, Fantastic Four, Starlight
COMIC CHARACTERS: Daredevil, Jesse Custer, Luke Cage
TV SHOWS: GoT, Peaky Blinders, Togetherness
BEST MOVIE LAST YEAR: Tie between Whiplash, Birdman, and Gone Girl
WHERE I LIVE: Eastern Shore, Maryland
WHY I LIKE MILLARWORLD: The discussions are generally polite, elevated, and interesting.
IF I COULD CHANGE ONE THING…: I would make the generation right after mine not suck quite so badly.
LAST MEAL: Sushi
FICTIONAL VEGAS BUDDIES: Wolverine, Luke Cage, Captain America, Jessica Jones (pre-baby,) Hal Jordan
VISIT ONE PLACE: Iraq
ROM WITH ANOTHER MILLARWORLDER: The Real Scott. Obviously.

Name: Jerry Scanlon
Age Range: 50-60
Where do you live? NYC area
What do you like about Millarworld? The general friendly tone, and the sexual tension between the Moderators
If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? More cowbell
If you had to room with another Millarworlder, who would you pick? The pretty one

Name: Christian (U.)
Age Range: I couldn’t be the lead in a thirty-something show, let’s put it like that.
Comics you’re currently buying: Unwritten, Saga, Zero, Trees (as soon as the first trade is out)
Favorite Millar book? The upcoming Chrononauts.
Favorite comic characters: Rorschach, Constantine, Morpheus, Shade the Changing Man… yeah, so I’m basically a nineties Vertigo guy, I notice.
Top TV shows right now: House of Cards, Real Humans, Banshee, Justified
Best movie you saw in the last year: Birdman. I somehow haven’t seen Grand Budapest yet, though, and I suspect that might take first place if I had.
Where do you live? Cologne, Germany. We have a big Cathedral, special beer and a lot of blutwurst.
What do you like about Millarworld? The people. Well, some of them. Well, there is one guy I don’t hate. Mostly.
If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? I’d enlarge the area of the brain that’s responsible for empathy.
Top 5 fictional characters you’d go to Vegas with? CJ Cregg, Tony Stark, Shia LeBouf, Paul Atreides ('cause of the future vision thing) and HAL
If you had to room with another Millarworlder, who would you pick? Ah, there’s too many I’d be happy to share a room with, anytime.

Name:Craggy (or Craig)
Age Range:Old enough to know better
Comics you’re currently buying:The Fade Out, East Of West, Transformers MTMTE, Lazarus, Daredevil, Kaare Andrews’ Iron Fist, Hawkguy, Adjectiveless Transformers, Saga
Favorite Millar book? the father son dynamic in 1984 is great, but probably The Ultimates 1 and 2.
Favorite comic characters:Daredevil, Iron Fist, Batman, Captain America, Wolverine, Thor, Rung, Swerve, Wally West, Dan Dreiberg, Peter Corbeau
Top TV shows right now: Gundam Build Fighters Try, The Flash, Arrow, OSW Review
Best movie you saw in the last year: Transformers The Movie
Where do you live? Scotland
Bank Account, Social Security Number, Mothers Maiden name? Don’t you talk about my mother!
What do you like about Millarworld? The way the atmosphere feels far more like a bunch of people hanging out in real life than a bunch of folks on the internet shouting to see who is loudest.
If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? I’d make myself the producer (still let someone else do the hard jobs of directing and production design)
If you could have one last meal before your glorious death in the Thunderball arena, what would you eat? an Extra Life token
Top 5 fictional characters you’d go to Vegas with? Mystique, Hot Rod, Nicholas Cage, Sumeragi Lee Noreaga and The Dude
If you could visit one place, where would you go? Behind the scenes.
If you had to room with another Millarworlder, who would you pick? I’ve roomed with Russell a few times so…dunno?

Name: Miqque.
Age Range: Dinosaurs-Dracula, somewhere in there
Comics you’re currently buying: Manhattan Projects
Favorite Millar book? Starlight, by far. Whatever’s coming up. The boy can write.
Favorite comic characters: Batman, the original Superman, Jonah Hex (when in Gotham), Lightning Lord, Lex Luthor.
Top TV shows right now: Totally into TV over comics at the moment: Flash, Gotham, SHIELD, the 100, Forever and every episode of Jeopardy!
Best movie you saw in the last year: I only watch “best” movies.
Where do you live? Colorado, the Front Range.
Bank Account, Social Security Number, Mothers Maiden name? Yes, I know these. Is this a test?
What do you like about Millarworld? I sure don’t like this clumsy new format! And I’m on the way to Ohara’s house to tell him all about it! Changes = Humbug! Actually, like MAD Magazine, it’s the Usual Gang of Idiots.
If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? I’m in charge. That simple. Then everything is better.
If you could have one last meal before your glorious death in the ThunderballDOME arena, what would you eat? Fixed that, bonus heddus. There’s a version of suckling pig that takes nine months to prepare properly. I’d go for that. And a great big infused chocolate cake!
Top 5 fictional characters you’d go to Vegas with? Black Widow, Kitty Pryde, Batgirl/Oracle (Barbara Gordon), Power Girl (the mid-range version, Kara, like Gail wrote her), and Bruce Banner. Have fun gambling with the gals, and gently remind the pit bosses one does not want to piss off Dr. Banner.
If you could visit one place, where would you go? The British Isles, in general. There’s people there I could bother, If I could put up with the plane ride, New Zealand. That’s one gorgeous place!
If you had to room with another Millarworlder, who would you pick? The richest one.

Name: Chris Bock
Age Range: 42
Comics you’re currently buying: Anything MillarWorld
Favorite Millar book? Wanted
Top TV shows right now: Gotham, Flash, The Walking Dead
Best movie you saw in the last year: Kingsman - Sneak Preview in NYC
Where do you live? New Jersey
What do you like about Millarworld? Great people in the forums, although I know no one personally. I read a lot of posts, but never reply.
If you could have one last meal before your glorious death in the Thunderball arena, what would you eat? Gigantic Steak and Baked Potato

Name: Anthony O Donnell

Age Range: 31

Comics you’re currently buying: Savage Dragon, Invincible, Millar World titles, Hellboy, 2000AD

Favorite Millar book? Toss up between Nemesis and MPH

Favorite comic characters: Too many to have just one …

Top TV shows right now: mmmm … Fortitude, The Flash, Criminal Minds … and ahem … The Originals

Best movie you saw in the last year: Guardians of the Galaxy / Snowpiercer ( I don’t see much with two young kids )
Where do you live? Warrington, UK

What do you like about Millarworld? The smart and interesting forumites … plus they have the same interests as me so …

If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? Remove the need for money and religion in general

If you could have one last meal before your glorious death in the Thunderball arena, what would you eat? Nandos

Top 5 fictional characters you’d go to Vegas with? Rocky, Black Widow, Tony Stark, Ned Stark and Batman

If you could visit one place, where would you go? Fiji or a comic office …

That about sums me up …

Name: Russell Hillman
Age Range: 39 - 39-and-a-bit
Comics you’re currently buying: Tradewaiting Grindhouse - Doors Open at Midnight and Bitch Planet, reading all the Marvel stuff I can via Marvel Unlimited.
Favorite Millar book? Hmmm. Probably 1985.
Favorite comic characters: Spider-Man, The Thing, Molly Hayes
Top TV shows right now: The Daily Show, Last Week Tonight, Brooklyn Nine Nine, Hannibal
Best movie you saw in the last year: The Lego Movie
Where do you live? Here. In my house.
Bank Account, Social Security Number, Mothers Maiden name? Yes, all of those.
What do you like about Millarworld? I dunno, it’s all so shiny and new… like a virgin! Hey! Touched for the very first time! Like a vi-i-i-irgin…
If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? My household financial status.
If you could have one last meal before your glorious death in the Thunderball arena, what would you eat? All-you-can-eat steak.
Top 5 fictional characters you’d go to Vegas with? I can’t stand Vegas, I wouldn’t wish that on anybody.
If you could visit one place, where would you go? There.
If you had to room with another Millarworlder, who would you pick? I’ve roomed with a few, so probably one of them. Craggy, probably.

Chris, you should post more, it’s (almost) always good to see new people joining in!

@Russell Validated! :smiley:

Y’all know me. Know how I earn a livin’. I’ll catch this bird for you, but it ain’t gonna be easy. Bad fish. Not like going down the pond chasin’ bluegills and tommycods. This shark, swallow you whole. Little shakin’, little tenderizin’, an’ down you go. And we gotta do it quick, that’ll bring back your tourists, put all your businesses on a payin’ basis. But it’s not gonna be pleasant. I value my neck a lot more than three thousand bucks, chief. I’ll find him for three, but I’ll catch him, and kill him, for ten. But you’ve gotta make up your minds. If you want to stay alive, then ante up. If you want to play it cheap, be on welfare the whole winter. I don’t want no volunteers, I don’t want no mates, there’s just too many captains on this island. $10,000 for me by myself. For that you get the head, the tail, the whole damn thing.

Name: Jon
Age Range: Forever pretty
Comics you’re currently buying: none, I’m broke =’(
Favorite Millar book? Hum… The Ultimates I think, it’s gonna be tough to beat that one.
Favorite comic characters: Thanos & Warlock and Marvel Cosmic in general.
Top TV shows right now: Vikings, Banshee right now… GoT & DD very soon
Best movie you saw in the last year: GotG… obviously
Where do you live? in the sulfury pits of Mexico City
Bank Account, Social Security Number, Mothers Maiden name? I wish I knew any of those… I also wish I was joking.
What do you like about Millarworld? We’ll see… =P
If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? nothing.
If you could have one last meal before your glorious death in the Thunderball arena, what would you eat? a bigmac or something…
Top 5 fictional characters you’d go to Vegas with? wouldn’t go to Vegas if you paid me.
If you could visit one place, where would you go? The moon, or Mars.
If you had to room with another Millarworlder, who would you pick? none of you filthy buggers =P

Name: Chris Fenton.
Age Range: about to cross into 30-39.
Comics you’re currently buying: Trees, Wicked and the Divine.
Favorite Millar book? Civil War.
Favorite comic characters: Wolverine, Spider Jerusalem, Wee Hughie
Top TV shows right now: Archer, Community, The League.
Best movie you saw in the last year:
Where do you live? St Ives, the real one… Not the coastal one!
Bank Account, Social Security Number, Mothers Maiden name? 0000001, 00000001, Smithe
What do you like about Millarworld? The People.
If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? My current pay level.
If you could have one last meal before your glorious death in the Thunderball arena, what would you eat? Anti-thunderball pills… Or probably a nice Lasagne.
Top 5 fictional characters you’d go to Vegas with? Shadow, Spider Jerusalem, Bruce Wayne (he’d bank roll the whole thing.), Sam Vimes, Phillip J Fry
If you could visit one place, where would you go? Space
If you had to room with another Millarworlder, who would you pick? Hmmm tough choice, I reckon I’d get on well with Matt Garvey… Or we’d kill each other!