millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Instagram for Artists

I came to the Instagram party late. I am finding it incredibly hard to get followers. I can see why though, there is an insane amount of art constantly going up, and not just any art, but amazing art. It can be overwhelming.
One thing I find frustrating is when an amazing artist posts something that isn’t note worthy, but they still get 5000 likes because they’re famous. I’m lucky to get 10 likes on anything I post, no matter how much time I spend on it.
So I’m trying something to increase my following. I’m doing an art giveaway of one prints on a wood block. All people have to do is follow me, and tag three friends in the comments of the post that says Win A Print.
Is this working? So far, no. I can’t even give this shit away :crazy_face:.
What do you guys think of Instagram? I personally have not a love/hate relationship with it, but a like/dislike one.

2 Likes

just followed you! keep it up! :slight_smile:

0 Likes

Thanks man.

0 Likes

well I think you should put the hiperlink to the instagram. That may help.

1 Like

I’m @thesseleman on Instagram.

0 Likes

If you are an unknown artist then, unfortunately, you are going to have to put in the work. By this I mean have to engage - you have to like, comment and follow other people
I go through phases of assaulting IG then a bit of a fallow period before starting again

0 Likes

Thanks for the advice. I will try to engage more.

0 Likes

Heres a tip for getting eyes on your work.

Hashtags
There is a limit of 30 but I usually post my most relevant ones and then cut and paste the below helps to get eyes on things.

#comicbook #comics #comic #art #comicbooks #marvel #marvelcomics #drawing #comicart #dccomics #illustration #sketch #artist #dc #spiderman #batman #superhero #avengers #artwork #comicbookart #draw #cosplay #igcomicfamily #xmen #cartoon #digitalart #mcu #anime #manga #bhfyp

2 Likes

That’s a good tip. I do use hashtags, but I could probably use more. I definitely don’t use 30, maybe I should give that a go.

0 Likes

Here’s an example.
Always use … So the hashtags are down below your message. This way it looks less spammy

Throwback to that time in 2014 I tried to explain the MCU to my beloved.

God knows how many charts I would need to explain it now! This is only up to Winter Soilder! #mcu .

#comicbook #comics #comic #art #comicbooks #marvel #marvelcomics #drawing #comicart #dccomics #illustration #sketch #artist #dc #spiderman #batman #superhero #avengers #artwork #comicbookart #draw #cosplay #igcomicfamily #xmen #cartoon #digitalart #mcu #anime #manga

2 Likes