millarworld.tv Comics Creators

In the spirit of Huck

I posted this win signed Huck thread but I think it deserves it’s own attention.

The most amazing thing just happened to me and Danni, my daughter. We were in Goodwill looking at books. While I was looking at my books, Danni had found one she liked so she sat and read. It was time for us to go and I told Danni that I would get the book she was reading.

A gentleman approached me and asked if Danni was my daughter. I nodded and he handed me a business card. He told me that she had been reading the entire time that she had been in the store. He went on the explain that him and his wife buy books for kids when they see a child who loves reading. He told me to show the card at the register and he would be buying Danni’s book today.

I asked Danni if she wanted to get the book she has been reading and she said yes. The gentleman said “She’s half way through that one, pick out another one and I’ll get both.” Danni spent a couple of minutes looking through the books, picked out another one, and he walked us up to the register. As he was paying for them, Danni thanked him and they had a discussion of why she chose each book.

On the way out, Danni told me she couldn’t stop smiling!

Thank you Mr. Giovanna for your random act of kindness and making my daughter’s day/week/month/year. You taught my daughter and me that the world isn’t such a bad place after all and the smallest gesture can reap the largest rewards.

I just read this post to my wife, turned to her and she said, “We could totally do that.” See we don’t have any kids of our own and have been trying to figure out ways to leave this world better than we found it. Thank you for posting this. It has definitely sparked some ideas in my head. Is there any chance Mr. Di Giovanna left any contact information on his card? I would be interested in hearing his story.

I PMd you the full picture of his card.

Glad it inspired you. It doesn’t cost anything to be kind, it’s $FREE.99

This is what Bruce Wayne would be like in real life, except he’d be buying kids cars, grappling guns and bulletproof vests.

MM

I got it. Thanks, Buck.

I totally agree. I feel like 99% of what I do to make the world a better place is just to be who I am. My wife and I would just like to something to put our resources into that will better the world around us because, “where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.” :wink:

That is an amazing, inspiring story. Thank you for sharing it.

I think it’s awesome that you and your wife want to do something similar. The world needs more of this. I’m trying to figure out what we are going to do. My daughter is adopting an angel off the angel tree at the mall. I would like to do more day to day

That was sweet and heartwarming. Made my day :slight_smile: