millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Han Solo movie/ Best AICN post ever

The Aint It Cool Talkbackers get a lot of shit, but they’re usually really funny and this is maybe my favourite one ever. It’s a brutal but perfect reply to the news that Ron Howard has been brought in by Kathleen Kennedy to finish the Han Solo movie. If someone had written this for a Late Night Show they would be allowed the rest of the week off…

“Claud Henry Smoot • 4 days ago
Ron Howard. Years ago you served my old boss in American Graffiti… Now I beg you to help me in my struggle against the shareholders. I regret that I am unable to present George’s request to you in person, but his company has fallen under different ownership, and I’m afraid my mission to bring you to the director’s chair has failed. I have placed information vital to the survival of the franchise into the memory systems of this bland Harrison Ford unit. My minions will know how to retrieve it. You must see this movie safely delivered to theatres in America. This is our most desperate hour. Help me, Ron Howard .You’re my only hope.”

Genius!

Surely she would call him by his Jedi name, Opie Wan Kenopie. :wink:

That’s better than the fifteen “FIRST!” posts they usually get.

You sound bitter that Ronnie got firsties in this thread.

I’m considering giving him a suspension so I can get my FIRST! count up.

well, i’m sorry to say that the best thing ever written on AICN was done almost ten years ago in a review for the move 300;