millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Guardians Of The Galaxy: Mission Breakout

I can’t quite believe this is a real thing. Take all my money Disney!

In case you missed the other video in the other thread:

Advances in humanity like this deserve their own thread Dave.

You forget, this is Jim’s toy, Dave. it reminds me of back in the day when Millar used to do the same thing. actually makes me nostalgic.

I wasn’t complaining about it getting its own thread, I was making sure Jim had seen the other video.

In the scene where they are escaping from the kiln, the part where they drop vertically down a shaft in the wee command pod is pretty much taken directly from the old Star Wars Universal Studios ride. Its definitely a homage. It would be awesome if they paid homage to some of those 80s-early 90s rides in this.

As I understand it, the Guardians ride is a reskin of the old ‘Twilight Zone - Tower of Terror’ ride. Same mechanisms, but with GotG content.

That’s what I thought it looked like.

With Disney, one does not need to ask!

Tower Of Terror is one of the best rides in Disney World; some of the best scenery, most immersive, I love it. Luckily Disney World haven’t had the change to GotG yet (half of Hollywood studios is shut rn for building of Toy Story and Star Wars sections, so it seems they don’t want to shut an attraction while there aren’t many others), I was there last month and would’ve been peeved not to ride it. As far as I know, they’ve not announced any changes to the existing Tower Of Terror, and I hope it stays that way, because it fits in really well with the old Hollywood theme, Guardians would be out of place, sitting at the end of “Sunset Boulevard”, next to “The Hollywood Bowl”.

Spoilers for the ride I guess…