millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Game of Thrones - the TV show (Spoilers for the TV show)

This is super spoiler heavy for the first episode and I suspect it will be taken down real soon, but feast your eyes on the sheer awesomeness of these crazy effects.

Yes… There will be dragons.

CGI featurette for Game of Thrones season 7 episode 1 leaked online

It somehow defeats the purpose if it goes directly to an ad. You can’t even properly Rick-Roll people now. Fucking youtube.

Bah, dammit! I use an adblocker, so I don’t get any of that.

But I am on the other hand glad you blame the real villains here. :smiley:

‘Game of Thrones’ Season 7 Peril-o-Meter: Who Dies Next?

5 more hours until Season 7!!!

I am burning with wildfire and anticipation.

And VD

Hey, we were in agreement not to tell anyone until we were both cured!!

Sorry, I assumed you’d gotten the shot. It’s been months

I went with radiation treatment and told everyone I was going into drug rehab.

It’s over soon.

This season will be tough for me. I binged watched and never had to wait a week after a cliff hanger ending.

Now, I will be like the rest who wait eagerly from week to week for each installment.

My friend Patric is in the same situation.

You are both welcome to the club.

Pro tip? The wait between seasons is much, much worse.

Hell yeah. It feels good to finally have this show back…for 6 more episodes…then wait 2 more years.

The costumes this season are something else though. Holy crap.

Now I know why the librarian in Doctor Strange was so grumpy. That training is a bitch!

You know, you watch other shows and you enjoy them and think they’re great. And then you watch Game of Thrones and you witness TV in a higher league. Better than everything by miles.

That opening scene was amazing. Exceptional acting and written perfectly. For the entire hour I barely noticed anything around me. House could have been on fire and I’d have stayed watching. Fuck all happened, but each minute was riviting. Sansa being a badass, Euron being a mac daddy, the Hound calling everyone a cunt, Cersi being evil, Sam scrubbing chamber pots and watching Daenerys take what felt like 10 minutes to walk through same gates and up a path.

This is exceptional TV. It’s brilliant.

Lots of great stuff again, the show restarted as it means to go on.

Jim Broadbent looks like he’ll be as wonderful as usual, whether he becomes a mentor or an antagonist to Sam’s studies remains to be seen. Either way, he’s great casting.

But a lot of the best stuff is also incidental, seeing Ed for example, at the gate of The Wall. It’s a richly detailed world now, with incidental characters who matter.

The show hit the ground, if not running, then walking briskly. Things have moved on, and they’re moving faster than most characters are ready for.

EDIT:
Commuting into work this morning, Kings Cross Station had lots of advertising for the new season, and some of the customer announcements had been pre-recorded by Kit Harington in his John Snow voice. :smile:

EDIT 2:
And there were White Walkers, but I missed them!

That sequence was hilarious.

Is it too soon to start campaigning for Ed Sheeran’s Emmy nomination for 2018? Granted, he only spoke one sentence, but he really nailed it!!

That scene was a bit of an indulgence, and their insistence on showing so much of Sheeran cloyed. Hopefully it was there to teach Arya some tolerance - even though they wear the Lanister colours, they’re still people with stories and challenges of their own.

So, the Greyjoy fella gets all his men to get on ships and crosses the sea to propose to the Queen - she says no, and he leaves. Can you imagine being one of those sailors? What was the point of all that rigging, and being cold, and cramped? Could you not have sent a raven first?

And wow, it should have been nightfall by the time Dany et al made it up the stairs to the top of the tower.