millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Game of Thrones - the TV show (Spoilers for the TV show)

And he took his pants off to raise money.

And he worked in the CID with Edmund.

I figure to watch about 2 eps at a time and by next summer I will be all caught up to you guys…

While they’ve pushed back the air dates for season 7, the DVD/Blu Ray release for season 6 has been moved up to November 15th. That’s 4-5 months earlier than they’ve done in the past.

Season 6 DVD/Blu Ray Box Set - Complete Details

Some nice surprises with the extras, particularly if you’re an Ian McShane fan. My personal favorite is Max Von Sydow narrating the “History and Lore” segment for the battle between the children of the forest and the first men.

Some notables on the Blu Ray edition:

Histories and Lore – Learn about the mythology of Westeros and Essos as told from the varying perspectives of the characters themselves in 18 history pieces.

· War of the Ninepenny Kings: narrated by Brother Ray (Ian McShane)

· Robert’s Rebellion: narrated by Jaime Lannister (Nikolaj Coster-Waldau)

· Children of the Forest vs. the First Men: narrated by the Three-Eyed Raven (Max von Sydow)

· Oldtown: narrated by Grand Maester Pycelle (Julian Glover) and Qyburn (Anton Lesser)

· House Dayne: narrated by Young Ned Stark (Robert Aramayo)

· The Little Birds: narrated by Lord Varys (Conleth Hill)

· House Tarly: narrated by Randyll Tarly (James Faulkner)

· Riverrun: narrated by Brynden ‘the Blackfish’ Tully (Clive Russell)

· Great Sept of Baelor: narrated by the High Sparrow (Jonathan Pryce)

Another Ian McShane appearance on audio commentary for:

Episode 607, “The Broken Man”: Producer/Writer Bryan Cogman, Ian McShane (Septon Ray), and Natalie Dormer (Margaery Tyrell)

Cool short VFX video for the final episode.

That music just makes me want to watch that entire seen all over again though. It gives me chills. So amazing.

Game of Thrones: Is This Who Will Cure Jorah’s Greyscale?

Come to think of it, John Goodman would’ve made a good Bob Baratheon, too.

Maybe any Fred Flintstone actor would do!

He would have been great, if he could handle the accent. I’m struggling to think of anything where he didn’t use his own.

*For the wider audience, yes I am aware there are no set accents in a fantasy world but they usually tend to avoid ‘new world’ ones like US, South Africa, Canada, Australia etc because they don’t ‘seem’ authentic.

Bloody hell mate - that’s bloody racist you flamin mongrel.

Keep your thongs on Bruce!

Bloody hell – that bugger nicked me fayvrit shirt - the ones i tore the sleeves off so that Bernadette shiela could have a perv on me arms. Bloody Bruce.

Bloody Westeros - Bloody reckon winter is coming mate, hey?

#?

Yes.

It’s a little known fact that “Shia Lebeouf” is Australian slang for “Attractive lady”

And here all these years I thought it meant cannibal.

“actual cannibal”

HBO Confirms ‘Game of Thrones’ Will End With Season 8

Though the episode count – and a potential spinoff – remain big questions.

It’s truly the end of the road for HBO’s Game of Thrones.

New HBO programming president Casey Bloys met the press Saturday at the Television Critics Association’s summer press tour and the first question he fielded was about the future of the HBO fantasy drama. The executive also confirmed that yes, the plan is for the yet-to-be announced eighth season of the adaptation of George R.R. Martin’s fantasy drama to be its last.

“Yes, I think [the showrunners, D.B. Weiss and David Benioff] have a very specific plan about the number of seasons they want to do,” Bloys said. “If I could get them to do more, I would take 10 seasons but we want to take their lead with what they could do and what the best version of the show is.”

HBO most recently renewed the drama for a shortened seventh season — consisting of seven episodes — and producers have noted that they envision a total of 75 episodes of the series as a whole. Through season six, the show has produced 60 episodes.

Bloys reiterated that an episode count for the eighth season — which is all but a formality — has yet to be determined but noted that conversations for a spinoff remain on the table.

“We’ve talked about it,” he said. “It’s not something I’m opposed to but it has to make sense creatively. I’m not sure the guys can wrap their heads around it when they are about to start production. We’re open to it; the guys aren’t opposed to it but there’s no concrete plans right now.”

Game of Thrones ranks as HBO’s most-watched — and longest-running — series. The recently concluded sixth season wrapped with an average of 25 million total viewers across multiple plays, DVR and non-linear viewing.

With the arrival of winter on the series, production will be delayed and the series, which typically bows in March or April, will not return until next summer. The decision will keep the fantasy drama out of the 2017 Emmy race, Bloys confirmed Saturday. Game of Thrones ranked as the most-nominated series for the third year in a row. Bloys told the press that he hoped that the cabler’s upcoming fare — including Sarah Jessica Parker’s Divorce and current critical darling mini The Night Of — will help make up for Thrones’ absence.

Game of Thrones casts Jim Broadbent in first season 7 roleGame of Thrones has cast its first new season 7 role.

The fantasy hit has signed Oscar winner Jim Broadbent for the eagerly anticipated penultimate season, EW has learned exclusively.

The veteran British performer’s credits range from the films Time Bandits, Brazil and Bridget Jones’s Diary, to his Emmy-nominated title role in the series Longford, to a recurring role in the Harry Potter franchise (he played Horace Slughorn). Broadbent also won best supporting actor for his role in the 2001 film Iris.

So who does Broadbent play on Game of Thrones?

That’s where our news stops and your speculation begins. We only know that Broadbent’s role is “significant.”

–SNIP–
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/08/31/game-thrones-jim-broadbent-season-7

Broadbent should be good.

This reminds me that GoT is running out of time to cast Brian Cox! That’s something that struck me when I was watching the last season of Penny Dreadful: why is Cox never in the fantasy shows/movies that seem to cast every actor, especially the older ones, from the UK and Ireland?

Broadbent seems good casting for a Maester, maybe one of Sam’s teachers?

Yeah that was exactly my thought too.