millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Game of Thrones - the TV show (Spoilers for the TV show)

Remember when we had dueling threads for the show and the books? Because the books were so far beyond the show? Not trying to start a “let’s all crap on GRRM for being slow” conversation, but I really miss that. If the books are going to drive conversation now, they had better be fantastic.

I think if he does ever finish them they should veer off the path from the TV show. It’s a book series that would go from ‘anything can happen’ as a major selling point to an adaptation where you know exactly what’s going to happen.

I’m thinking along the lines of The Walking Dead in comics and TV where they share a lot of ideas but you still don’t know who may or may not die next in either one.

(I know they have veered apart a bit anyway but I mean tell a completely different ending).

I’ve got no doubt that when and if the books conclude, they’re going to be better than the show.

That is, of course, a big “if.”

We might see The Winds of of Winter, but I don’t think we’ll see the final book (whether it is seven or eight).

Or if we do, it won’t be written by Martin.

I’m not actually that confident that the conclusion we get in the books will be better than what HBO gives us. There was a lot of bloat in A Feast for Crows and A Dance with Dragons.

I do think that, as a general rule, it’s easier to build up an epic story than it is to conclude it. A lot of stories, after a great first and second act, tend to flounder on the landing. Most Stephen King novels. X-Files. Lost. Return of the Jedi. Harry Potter.

This, of course, is the best ending EVER:

Strong mf

http://m.tmz.com/2019/02/14/hafthor-bjornnson-mountain-game-of-thrones-strongman-deadlift/

That’s worse than watching Amell work out.

Me: