millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Game of Thrones - the TV show (Spoilers for the TV show)

Stewart told a story about meeting Sting on Dune. Stewart - not a pop music fan - had never heard of him even though Sting was probably the biggest music star in the world, but he had heard he was a musician. So when they got to talking on the set, he asked him if he had a band. Sting said, “yeah, the Police.”

Stewart responded, “you’re in a police band?”

When I was young I thought Sting had been a cop before becoming a singer.

That would make a hell of a movie, wouldn’t it? The biggest rock star in the world working a beat, closing cases and topping it off with a bit of ska at the end of the evening.

KgvJUdk

Only a handful of actors have had more than two successful* television series. Shatner is one.

Of course, he can’t hold a candle to Ted Danson, who starred in Cheers, Becker, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, and (currently) The Good Place, and costarred in Bored to Death

*by successful, lasted more than one season.

That’s because Ted Danson is awesome. Seriously, the guy is probably a bit underrated as a comedic actor. He’s always great in every show I’ve seen him in. The Good Place has been a solid reminder of just how charming and fun he can be.

David Boreanaz has actually, somewhat quietly, had a hell of a TV career. He went from Buffy to Angel to Bones to whatever show he’s on now. That’s 20+ years of always being on TV. Almost all of those years as the lead or co-lead of the show.

And he is equally impressive as a dramatic actor. I still remember his breakout performance as William Hurt’s friend in BODY HEAT (a great film that also helped jumpstart Mickey Rourke’s film career).

But 'nuff said; this thread is about Game of Thrones.

If we’re throwing around names of people who went from one “household name” level of long-running “career defining” role to another… then another, then another, then another, then, incredibly, back to the first, I give you Sir David Jason.

HBO Converting Game of Thrones Sets Into Tourist Attractions

As Game of Thrones finishes filming after a decade in Northern Ireland, HBO is celebrating the show’s incredible legacy in the region by converting several filming locations into tourist attractions. For the first time ever, fans of the Emmy Award-winning series will have the unique opportunity to visit iconic sets from the show and immerse themselves in the world of Westeros.

Building on the success of past Game of Thrones live branded experiences, including the Touring Exhibition and Game of Thrones Live Concert Experience, HBO will open up the archives and share them with the series’ loyal fans. In true Game of Thrones fashion, the Game of Thrones Legacy attractions will be on a scale and scope bigger than anything the public has ever seen, offering the first opportunity for the public to set foot inside some of the most iconic locations from the series and behind the camera lens to see how the world’s biggest TV show was made. Each site will feature not only the breathtaking sets, but will also exhibit displays of costumes, props, weapons, set decorations, art files, models, and other production materials. The visitor experience will be enhanced by state-of-the-art digital content and interactive materials which will showcase some of the digital wizardry the series is known for.

I’d get in line for the Daenyris Boat Ride, but I hear it ends badly.

Will anyone book the place for a wedding?

Oh yeah, Danson is the shit… Becker still makes me crack up decades later… one of the most underrated comedy tv shows…

Middle Tyrion - with scar, but well before the beard. He still had that arrogance, and Frank caught it.

This is

Francesco Frank Federighi and I cleverly included a link to his FB page! He does lots of caricatures that get published regularly. Italy or Botswana or someplace.

Headline missed a very key point.

I think a lot of fans will be disappointed, and a lot of fans will be over the moon, I think.

That’s pretty inevitable really.

in other news, water is wet… u_u

It was only a matter of time before Stannis returned to take his rightful throne

I’m just glad they’re not trotting out Lady Stoneheart; that ship sailed many seasons ago.

GRRM said something the other day about the series that it could have gone to 12 or 13 seasons…

Thanks but no… This is ending just right

I will be finished with medieval fantasy stuff for a while…