millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Game of Thrones - the TV show (Spoilers for the TV show)

HBO spend their Game of Thrones money on picking up The Expanse.

That would be a great idea except for then I would have to buy HBO.

What would you want to see happen to a few characters?

The report said it was a final party so it’s a wrap. Now it all post production and so on…

Created by Goldman & Martin and written by Goldman based on a story by her and Martin, the untitled project takes the prequel concept to a new level as it is set thousands of years before the events of Game Of Thrones. The series chronicles the world’s descent from the golden Age of Heroes into its darkest hour. And only one thing is for sure: from the horrifying secrets of Westeros’ history to the true origin of the white walkers, the mysteries of the East to the Starks of legend… it’s not the story we think we know.

I like the sound of that. Good for Jane Goldman, that’s quite a project she’s got herself on.

Yeah, my only issue with Goldman as showrunner (aside from it probably limiting her involvement in the new Vaughn movies) is that she’s never written for TV before.

That can often lead to the shows where a season is treated as a “10-hour movie,” with no real differentiation from episode-to-episode.

Sounds like a good idea for a prequel. Far enough in the past that you can basically do anything you want with it, but also focusing on a very interesting time in the Westeros lore. I hope they can capture the same kind of magic they did with GoT.

Eh… I don’t know… I’m a bit worried with all these re-make news for TV shows (GoT, LOTR, Watchmen)… This kind of trend usually signals the death of a nice run… u_u

I think that’s very important. A huge part of the appeal of GoT for me is the ‘anything can happen’ nature of it. The idea of telling stuff like Robert’s Rebellion doesn’t really sound that exciting because it’d be so confined, you basically know all the key events in advance.

Sounds like there could be a lot of potential here.

I love that so much.

OK…

Now I know that season 8 will be epic. Thing is I never had to wait this long as I binge watched the first few seasons… Maybe it is better to wait for a series to be all over and then buy the box set and watch it with no worries about being in suspense over a cliffhanger. Almost like tradewaiting for a given comic run to be over.

So… when it is all over will you buy the GoT box set?

Personally, I find that when I buy a DVD I just go back to watch my favorite scenes and it just collects dust after a while. I know the whole story already and don’t want to go back to every minute of it.

Most likely I will DVR the season and watch the best of it a few times and have my closure that way.

To each their own.

It’s a series I have really enjoyed watching, but I don’t see myself ever pulling it out to rewatch in full again, like I have with some favourite shows.

Part of the appeal has been the intrigue as to where certain aspects are leading - a sort of soap-opera appeal, I guess - and there’s some turgid stuff in the earlier series that I don’t think I could sit through again without that element of mystery and surprise.

It is very rare that I rewatch TV series again and I don’t see myself doing it with GoT.

Looking at the way HBO works, it will always be available on their On-Demand services. As long as you have access to HBO,you can watch it whenever you want.

Wifey and I rewatched it about a year ago. Turns out that while we remembered a lot of tbe broader strokes and twists and deaths, we’d forgotten quite a bit. It was interesting, knowing where all the characters end up, watching them get there from the beginning again.

I’ll probably give it another go at some point… even if there’s no more intrigue, it’s pretty much the best TV production ever… that deserves a repeat view once in a while, like any good fantasy movie.