millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Game of Thrones - the TV show (Spoilers for the TV show)

As much as I like the upcoming Avengers epic movie, I want season 8 even more…

pleasedon’tsucklikelostpleasedon’tsucklikelostpleasedon’tsucklikelostpleasedon’tsucklikelostpleasedon’tsucklikelostpleasedon’tsucklikelostpleasedon’tsucklikelostpleasedon’tsucklikelostpleasedon’tsucklikelostpleasedon’tsucklikelostpleasedon’tsucklikelostpleasedon’tsucklikelostpleasedon’tsucklikelostpleasedon’tsucklikelostpleasedon’tsucklikelostpleasedon’tsucklikelost… u_u

A little more info:

No, winter is not coming… not in 2018, at least. You’re going to have to keep waiting for THE WINDS OF WINTER.

You will, however, be able to return to Westeros this year, as I suggested back over on Live Journal.

Archmaester Gyldayn has at last completed and delivered the first half of his monumental history of the Targaryen kings of Westeros, FIRE & BLOOD, and Bantam Spectra and HarperCollins Voyager will be releasing the hardcover on November 20, I am thrilled to say.

http://georgerrmartin.com/notablog/2018/04/25/fire-blood-on-the-way/

He’s never finishing the series, is he?

Nope.

Maybe he wants to time things just right so that when season 8 finishes up next year, he comes out with his take on the characters…

Nah he’s still got two books left in the series.

Honestly at this point he should just finish it in one (larger if needed) book.

That will come out in 2030?

Page counts for the last three books in hardback
A Storm of Swords: 973:
A Feast for Crows: 753
A Dance with Dragons: 1040

A Storm of Swords and A Dance with Dragons were split into two books for the paperback release. Given how much GRRM needs to cover, it’ll be sheer luck if the last two books also aren’t in the 900+ page range.

A Dance With Dragons is going to be one page long with a single sentence:

‘And then they all died.’

That soon?

That’s A Dream of Spring

I can’t keep track of these titles any more. That’s not even a joke, I was honestly thinking A Dance With Dragons was the last book in the series even though I read it.

These may not be mutually conflicting statements.

Shhh, Winds of Winter is coming…

So’s Ridley Scott’s adaptation of The Forever War, and Morgan Freeman’s Rendezvous with Rama