millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Game of Thrones - the TV show (Spoilers for the TV show)

Amazon wants a series as successful as GoT and so they are all in for a LOTR series.

I wish them well, but I get the feeling that the next big series won’t be another medieval fantasy epic.
GoT is exhausting all the nuances of that genre, like the Sopranos for example exhausted the mob drama.

I don’t know what the next big thing will be. Have to wait and see.

I feel like Netflix might already have the next big TV thing in Stranger Things. It’s the closest thing to a pop culture phenomenon since GoT, at least. Not quite to GoT levels, but it might be able to get there if it goes on a couple more seasons.

I would agree with that. Lord of the Rings was really popular with the movies. I think Amazon is gonna waste a lot of money pitching “you all liked Lord of the Rings right?!? Well how about that same story again, which you already know the ending to, but a lot longer!”

I’d definitely watch it, but it’s not going to be a phenomenon. Only major fans will be interested.

I don’t think that suspense about the ending was a factor in the success of ‘The Lord of the Rings’.

Wondering how many fucking epilogues would the movie have is a sort of suspense.

People always care about how it all ends, otherwise there would be no point in watching. I see your point though, Lord Of the Rings is much more about the journey than the conclusion, literally.

That being said, it’s a journey that so many have already experienced, albeit a condensed version, and the suspense will be lost for many.

I suppose it depends on how well it’s made. The Fargo series, for example, is much better than the film.

But that’s all new, and original content. So yes, they could rewrite the story and tell new ones in that universe, but that’s going to be very difficult to execute successfully. Look at all the criticism the Hobbit received about that sort of thing.

The first season of Fargo was not original content though, and was much better than the film.

You speak sacrilege >< Unfriended!

Wait, season 1 of Fargo was supposed to be a retelling of the film? Their stories seem wildly different with some minor similarities.

Seemed pretty identical to me. Maybe I need to rewatch the movie. :thinking:

They were very different stories.

The TV show also crosses over with the movie, with the briefcase in the show.

It’s definitely much closer to the movie than S2 of S3 are.

Scientists simulate the climate of Game of Thrones

Winter is coming…as anyone who watches the hit TV series, Game of Thrones, knows.

Some even have their own theories for what causes the strange extended seasons in that world of dragons, kings, queens, and magic.

But scientists from the Universities of Bristol, Cardiff, and Southampton have gone one stage further, by using a Climate Model to simulate and explore the climate of the world of Game of Thrones.

http://www.bristol.ac.uk/news/2017/december/climate-game-of-thrones-.html

The full results are published in a mock journal article (also available in Dothraki and High Valyrian), written by Samwell Tarly

Those were fun, but damn that’s a crappy/click baity title. The only way those would ruin the show is if you were convinced the series was footage of actual events.

So, what exactly are you intimating? I’ve got a history degree riding on this series!

Having never seen GoT, it always seemed like a fantasy retelling of medieval Europe but with dragons thrown in.