Comics Creators

Game of Thrones - the TV show (Spoilers for the TV show)

He wasn’t Dick Grayson, he really was not an individual at the time, Bats needed to work alone, and, dammit, we could go thumbs down! Y’know what I think most folks wanted? To see if DC really listened to the fans. If they would snuff a character and keep him snuffed.

So, last night I watched Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker once again.

I agree with this actually Miqque. I think the main driver was seeing if they would do it. We have to remember that in those days character deaths were fairly rare and usually permanent, rather than now when we get a death and resurrection every 6 weeks.

I thought it was well-known at this point that the Death In The Family phone-in vote was a bit of a sham. Out of thousands of votes, the margin of victory for the winning ‘death’ option was only about 70 votes, and it transpired that hundreds of the votes in favour of the death had been made by just one guy with an auto-dialler.

So I don’t think we can say it was really indicative of anything from the fans’ point of view.

Just arrived at “battle of the bastards” in my re-watch.

Jon Snow to Ramsey, after Ramsey declines a one on one fight instead of a proper battle.

“How do you know your men will fight for you when they find out you won’t fight for them”

‘Game of Thrones’ Writer Developing Fifth Successor Series

What does the future look like for Westeros? If one of the potential successor shows moves past development and into reality, it could look a whole lot like the present.

Bryan Cogman, a co-executive producer and writer on Game of Thrones since season one, is currently working alongside author George R.R. Martin on developing a new series set within the world of the Seven Kingdoms, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.

Details on the story are under wraps, though it’s been said that all of the potential follow-up series in development will take place before the events of Game of Thrones.

UPDATE: Martin has weighed in on his blog, praising the addition of Cogman to the team: “‘If [Dan and David] have been the kings of Westeros for these past seven seasons, Bryan Cogman has surely been the Prince of Dragonstone … Bryan’s series will be an adaptation, and one that will thrill most fans of the books, I think, set during a very exciting period of Westerosi history. And I’ll be working with him every step of the way … we could possibly see two or even three make it to the pilot stage, with one series emerging on air in 2019 or 2020."

Dragonstone, is it? The rise of the Targaryns?

About that wildling redhead Jon Snow was with…

Turns out that Kit Harrington and that actress were really going out together and now they are engaged.

Ygritte - played by Rose Leslie. She’s really good. I think it was The Last Witchfinder I saw her in, where she was really good and the movie quite stunk.

She is Scottish nobility - literally, raised in a castle and everything.

Apologies if this is posted elsewhere.

The reason the final season will take longer to film, from Iain Glen:

We’re all starting to occupy the same territory, we’re all starting to be in the same storylines and so they can’t [have two filming units] anymore … I think this last season will take much longer to shoot because they can only use one unit because we’re all in the same sort of scenes.

That’s one of the most polite ways of saying “too many cooks” that I’ve heard!

Nah it makes sense really. On Doctor Who they used to produce the Doctor-lite and Assistant-lite episodes purely so they could film both at the same time and cut down on the production length.

Game of Thrones has been filming the various stories in different countries at the same time, that’s no longer possible when all the players have converged.

Just a reminder for book people that The Book of Swords is released today, featuring a new short story “The Sons of the Dragon”, by George RR Martin (the third extract from the upcoming Blood and Fire Vol. 1)

Don’t look now, but the Battle of the Bastards is unfolding on my shelf at work: