millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Fan Chat Season 2. Episode 6 - Greg Capullo

Our guest this week for the Millarworld chat series will be artist, Greg Capullo. Greg is an American comic book artist and penciller, best known for his work on Quasar (1991–1992), X-Force (1992–1993), Angela (1994), Spawn (1993–1999, 2003–2004), Batman (2011-2016). He will soon be working on the new book, Not Telling, with our very own Mark Millar.

Please feel free to leave any questions you might have for Greg in this thread ahead of time but only questions please. All other posts will be deleted. Thank you.

Greg’s Twitter

Join us on May 4th at 2:00 PM New York time.

You can also check out previous chats here.

Hiya Greg! Super-happy you got a gig with Mark! He won’t tell us anything!

Can we get you to blab?

And let’s acknowledge the elephant in the room right away. What did you think of Batman v. Superman?

Can we expect gore and dismemberment from the new series, and will you be trying to out drink Mark down at his local pub?

Hello Sir, thank you for taking some of your time for this chat, here are my questions:

1.- What’s the difference of working in a creator owned book? something that belongs to you?
2.- Your Millarworld book has a lead woman, and the tittle has 6 letters, please can you hint something more? like the tone of the book? is sci-fi related? pelase something…:relaxed:
3.- Will your project in DC with Mr Snyder will be Rebirth related or a new OGN?

Thank you for your time! have a nice day! :smiley:

Hello Greg,

Thank you for taking the time to speak with us today. I just wanted to say that your work on issue where Batman was trapped by the Court of Owls was mindbendingly good. It was incredibly inventive. With that in mind, may I ask:

• Given your long and illustrious career, is there anything or any genre that you would like to work in that you have never yet got the chance? Does Greg Capullo have a great romantic comedy waiting to come out?
  • We do regular Write-off challenges here on the forums. Do you have any advice for aspiring storytellers about what pitfalls to avoid? Or good habits to adopt?

Again, thank you for taking the time.

Hi Greg, looking forward to seeing what you get up to with Mark.

Are you bringing over Miki, and FCO for the new project?

I’ve yet to see BvS. Yes, yes, I know. Shamefull.
I can’t spill the beans or Mark promised to spill my guts.

There’s always blood and guts where Mark is involved. Same for trying to out drink him. Lots of guts. Mine. Puked up, no doubt.

Welcome back, Greg. I’m really pumped about your new Millarworld book. Also, thanks for hanging out as long as you did on Saturday at C2E2 to sign autographs. It was nice to meet you.

I know a little about the upcoming Millarworld book. I’m curious if you have plans after that? Do you have any desire to write comics?

FCO will be bringing his amazing work to the project. As for inks, Jonathan Glapion is reuniting with me. So, you can rest assured, quality will be top notch.

Scott Snyder and I have something in store that is sure to blow the roof off at DC.emphasized text

How did you get involved doing album covers? How is that experience different from your comics work?

Either McFarlane was approached and he handed it to me or I was approached directly.

All I can see is, it’s like nothing you’ve ever seen from me and it’s gonna melt your eyeballs,

How did the Five Finger Death Punch stuff happen? I recently heard them for the first time. I really like their sound and design. Are you a fan of their work?

Hi Greg, I see your style has changed considerably since Spawn, is there any style you prefer doing, or do you feel the style out depending on what you are drawing? By the way keep up the great work, my favorite artist out there!

That’s good news! You work well together.

Also have caught some of your online workshops - forget what you call them - but there’s lots of good tips for storytellers. Care to pimp this?

To much to reply to. But, advice that applies to ALL is, Be hungrier than the rest, study to learn more than the rest and work harder than the rest.

OMG I can´´t wait!