millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Doctor Who Thread of Space and Time: Discussing Twice Upon A Time (SPOILERS)

Mark Lawson: for when you want a quick, half-arsed reaction piece with forced zeitgeist-y references, that adds nothing to the conversation.

Okay, so there are crazy people. We knew from the start that that would be a thing if they ever went for a gender change.

Let’s not make the same mistake the media do and give those people more weight than they deserve. They’re a drop in the ocean, and nobody cares about their mad shouting on twitter or wherever.

I only care in as much as I find their whining hilarious.

Yeah…I find it weird that it is even a thing. It has been signposted for a long time.

It is such a weird thing to be annoyed about…and I say this as someone who deeply loves Doctor Who. It is my favourite show on TV at the moment (and as someone who spends an inordinate amount of money on Big Finish audios).

Now this is my favourite comment:

13’s Companion will be named Julio so we can have an episode called “Me and Julio Down By The Valeyard.”

When the Doctor found out he began to shout
and he started the regeneration

Well I’m on my way,
I don’t know where I’m going,
I’m on my way,
I’m taking my time but I don’t where.
Goodbye Rose (EEEE) Queen of the TARDIS.

(I’m not happy with that last line…I’m happy to take suggestions)

Musically, the word ‘exterminate’ fits right in between ‘Rose’ and ‘queen of the TARDIS’

Also, instead of ‘queen of’ - (she’s been in) the TARDIS - could work there.

Desmond’s in Space would be awesome, to be fair.

It would be like Babylon 5, but in a hairdresser’s in space.

The Master look down and spit on the ground
Every time I save a civilisation
The Dalek said, "Oy, if I get that boy,
I’m gonna give him an extermination"

I’m sure that Jodie Whittaker is going to be touched by our attempts to commemorate her casting through song. :smile:

The world we live in has a history of male domination, of stereotyping, of resistance to change, of playing it safe. Doctor Who has never been about that. The Doctor in all his incarnations has always been a passionate defender of justice, equality, fairness and resisted those who seek to dominate or destroy.

Bravo Sixy