millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Doctor Who Thread of Space and Time: Discussing Twice Upon A Time (SPOILERS)

I have just watched the video now…That’s a pretty great introduction.

If it’s that far away - 15 months is quite a span - is anyone going to care about it? The BBC has done this before and I don’t think it worked well.

Yeah, the same thing happened with Capaldi’s first series. They’re not filming until next year.

The what now?

Cyberwoman. An episode of Torchwood Chibnall wrote, and one of the worst episodes of TV ever made.

At one point a woman removes her own head to put it on a different body. It is not explained how she does this.

You managed to forget, well done, but now you’ll be reminded of it.

Interesting to see what the impact of this is, particularly on viewing figures.

“I’m beyond excited to begin this epic journey, with Chris and with every Whovian on this planet,” Whittaker said. “It’s more than an honour to play the Doctor. It means remembering everyone I used to be, while stepping forward to embrace everything the Doctor stands for: hope. I can’t wait."

Capaldi paid tribute to Whittaker: “Anyone who has seen Jodie Whittaker’s work will know that she is a wonderful actress of great individuality and charm,” he said. “She has above all the huge heart to play this most special part. She’s going to be a fantastic Doctor.”

Didn’t forget, I quit Torchwood halfway through the second episode. Watched the long single story series - the nobody dies and aliens want all our kids ones - but I didn’t waste my time on the first few series of it.

My guess is ratings are going to explode.

Exactly the same story with me. Not a slight on her performance / ability as an actor though, more a case of me not have watched those in years and that I’m crap with names.

Ditto. I didn’t remember her performances in them but I liked both of them.

Oh, the planet-killing bullet you dodged…

EDIT: Just watched the intro clip, not bad - the coat is very Doctor, could work.

Initially at least, I agree. This is a big change that I think will get attention outside the usual DW audience in a way that wouldn’t be true of a ‘safer’ casting choice.

Just like how Marvel comics sold by the bucketload and Ghostbusters was a roaring success?

I only care that it’s good. If it’s good and she’s good, then great, but it feels like a pretty cheap and obvious stunt.

This was my reaction:

Hey, I’m on the cool side of the Atlantic ocean and I didn’t know who she was!

I was thinking more like how Wonder Woman was a roaring success. Ghostbusters isn’t really a fair comp as there’s no reason to have a Ghostbusters with new actors whereas with Dr. Who there is not only good reason but it’s a big draw for the property.

As for the actual quality I get electroshocked by the mods whenever I say how I truly feel about the new-millennium iteration of Dr. Who so I will not offer an opinion there.

It’s been very variable, so, bluntly, often crap. The great episodes were truly wonderfll though and I’m glad I stuck with it despite my often bloody annoyance.

But enough of that! Now we have a new Doctor and new show runner! So let’s all hope!!!